• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

SPS concern

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
These are 2 different pieces. Are they dead or alive?

Attachments

• 20170108_171746.jpg
    20170108_171746.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 20170108_171742.jpg
    20170108_171742.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 42

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
1st pic is bleaching. 2nd is brown. Both are alive for now.

Best way to find out is to take it out and smell it. If it smells like "Acro" it is alive.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
They both have tissue necrosis, can happen for a number of reasons, my guess would be the sudden swing your tank recently had

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks all. I was given these and have had them for about a week with no change. So should I just let them be and see what happens or toss them? I'm not an use to having these types of coral.

How are these corals doing? I would have either left them be, or considered dipping them. If they are still the same now, then I would leave them be.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Well the damn urchin stole one so didn't make it. The other is not as white but no polyps come out.

I think the mostly white one was a goner anyway. Looks like it didn't have much tissue left. I always had mixed experiences on polyp extension depending on the SPS. good flow could help with that ...and maybe some time while it hopefully colors up for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk