• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sps tentacles?

I got home from work this morning, to find it appears my tort has spaghetti tentacles form the lower polyps. Pic was taken with flash. Anyone ever see this?3B18E3C8-499B-427D-86A9-69F078BD129F.jpeg

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
does the white stuff hard like a tube or blows around? If it moves,....spaghetti worm?

It blows around. I must be so close to the base, it looks like it’s coming from the polyps. It’s a new frag. Spaghetti worms must have hitchhiked on it.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
If it is a spaghetti worm they are beneficial hitch hikers that clean the sand and water column of detritus and free floating particles

Yes SPS can do that.
I had a green slimer, pic below, that would do it often, but I've seen other acro's do it occasionally too.
20191003_090330.jpg

I don’t see any evidence of a worm tube anchored onto the frag plug. I haven’t seen the spaghetti tentacles since the lights came on. I’ll check in the am.