• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sps

I hope this brings encouragement to those who think their sps have died. I've had a red planet for a few years and for the past year it's been bone white and algae covered.... To me it was dead as a doornail. I never removed it because I like the rock it's on. Over the past month it's gotten it's color back of red and green and polyps are out, even a little growth. I've had friends say it was dead, pull it out. So, when you think it's gone, if it's a favorite, don't give up. It's amazing the resilience or whatever you want to call it, my rp has come back to life!!!!!!

Twisteds 40 breeder

I might have one when it looked good but I never took a pic after it went white, but I may have asked about it way back. I'll check some old threads. It really it amazing what it looked like when I thought it died. Ill see what I can find

Twisteds 40 breeder

The pics are poor but from dead for a long time and I mean white/covered in cyano, and algae at times, covered in Dino's......it's back!
45f8301c-48b0-7e56.jpg

You can see polyps and some greens and reds. Behind is my favorite snail species. These guys have tons of egg pods all over and many have or are hatching. If anyone needs any let me know. I believe they are collumbelled snails. Very hardy and keep my glass pretty clean
45f8301c-49b1-f452.jpg

This is too down just to compare with a pic I'll take in a week

Twisteds 40 breeder

Pics are rough but thats sweet... The best part is its coming back with green and red instead of just the normal red... So not only is it coming back but its coming back in its full glory... What are you using for lighting?

Pics are rough but thats sweet... The best part is its coming back with green and red instead of just the normal red... So not only is it coming back but its coming back in its full glory... What are you using for lighting?

I'm using a tek 6 bulb - 5 ati blue plus and 1 aqua blue special. Also an led tube. It was real nice red and green when I got it. I actually forgot it was in there until I saw colors popping up, lol. I'm stoked!

Twisteds 40 breeder

It's been a week for the red planet and when the lights come on I'll get pics up. It looks better every day. I don't know what I'm doing right other than not touching anything... Lol. I have alot of bubbles that form in the sand which I guess is cyano. The bed is only an inch, but at the end of the day they start floating to the top. I'll do a wc and gravel vac I guess. Any thoughts to a sand cleaning? Am I gonna do more harm than good?

Twisteds 40 breeder

lol the un killable zombie acro 5000.00 per frag..

Lol, I can't wait till its fraggable. This thing looks amazing! The color and vibrancy is nicer than any I've seen. I'll get some still water top down shots tnite after work

Twisteds 40 breeder

Here's an update pic. I did some rearranging to remove the pb tang since its new home was ready. Have me a chance to move it closer to the camera
45f8301c-08d4-4820.jpg

Twisteds 40 breeder