• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Starting over

So I really haven't had the time to really keep up with my tank as I have been lost a couple of sps colony's so before I lost any more sps I sold off all my sps and gave some away and selling off my calcium reactor setup and I am gonna stay with softies for now.. which I lost a lot over the last month so basically starting over.. fish are all good though so that's a plus...tough hobby when you don't have the tim as we all know

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Same boat last year. Just about gave my entire 90g system away. Good call on the softie move.
I've been running skimmer and floss. No dosing, no monitoring, no reactor, no computer.
With a 10% change every 2 weeks everything is doing great.
Good luck.

Yes, I just broke down my Calcium reactor and put it up for sale.. maybe down the road when I'm retired and kids are grown I will have the time to get back to sps but for now everything is doing great in tank with just simple maintenance and water changes by weekly.... plus I have 2 nano tanks in my kids room that I'm trying to keep up with....the nano tanks are like having a dog they want it until they have to take care of it all the time...lol