• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Stocking List for a 180

I currently have a 70 Gallon with these fish in it...

Starry Blenny
Black Cap Basslet
Frostbite Clown
Lemonpeel Angel
Kole Tang

I’m planing on setting up a 180 in my new house. My stocking list will be to add those fish in that order and then add these in this order...

Flame Hawkfish
Purple Tang
Blonde Naso Tang
Achilles Tang
Blue Girdled Angelfish

I also considered a foxface if that’s one too many tangs for a tank of that size

Thoughts?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be a but much for all those tangs and angels.....but that's me.

I think it will also depend on what your filtration system will look like.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
It’s really what you like. I would pick one smaller tang, 10 chromis and 30 anthias (3 groups of 10 of a species) add a few flasher and fairy wrasse!

My new plan is this...

Starry Blenny
Blue Girdled Angel
Black Cap
Frostbite Clown
Lemonpeel Angel
Flame Hawkfish
Powder Blue or Brown Tang
Kole Tang

Thoughts?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
My concern with that list would be the PBT, I've seen several threads where they have become a problem with tank mates.

You can do a Powder Blue, just make it the very last fish you add. I had a sailfin and blonde naso in the same tank along with a magnificent foxface. Amongst other fish. Also had a school of chromis and also never had an issue with them.

Are the powder browns less aggressive compared to the powder blues? I read that somewhere but I don’t know how that can be the case since they’re in the same family just about