• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Stores in the Priceton or Trenton areas

I am always up for checking out new stores, and am in these general area a bit. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of stores in these areas at all. Somewhere with a lot of stock, so even if you arent looking to buy it is worth going....

Thanks,
David

You could try Pets Plus in Lawrenceville (go down RT. 1 until the Brunswick Circle, take the circle around and you'll see it).

There's also Precious Pets in Ewing/Trenton. It's right near where 31 intersects Olden Ave, I think.

I count Pets Plus as my LFS, but I haven't been happy with their quality for the past few months and as such I have a gift certificate that I got for christmas that I still haven't used. Maybe they've shaped up since I've been there last (3 weeks). They used to be much better, and had lots of nice stuff. It's still worth to swing by if you have the time, I suppose. I'll probably drop by today because I'll be in the area and I'm wondering if they've changed their evil ways.

Precious Pets, well, is nice and all, but not that great and probably not worth your trip.

I don't know of any other area LFS that sell SW fish and corals.

Pet's Plus hasn't gotten any better. I went a few days ago to have a look, and I was very disappointed in what I saw. I told them how crappy everything was, but I doubt it'd make a difference. Oh well, I still like going there for drygoods and stuff for my dog. They keep promising me it'll get better, but until it does I'll just have to keep ordering online.

I have been looking for this post. I thought it was over at RC somewhere. Thanks for the reply!

I am kind of suprised at the lack of stores in the princeton area. I will probably wonder through the stores you mentioned great stores or not. When I am in that area I sometimes find myself just bored and wishing there was a LFS to browse.

david

You should go to the hidden reefs. It's on Route 1 South and close to Philadelphia. It's about 24 miles away from Princeton. You can check the direction at http://www.thehiddenreef.com. It's the best in the area. They have new stuff in every Monday.

sean

Yeah, it's very suprising but there really isn't a quality LFS in the Trenton/Princeton/New Brunswick area that I'm aware of. I'm in the area every day and until you get to the Rt. 22 area near Scotch Plains, there's not much out there. Precious Pets is nothing to write home about, they have 3 locations(Burlington, Trenton and Hightstown) and Pets Plus isn't very good either.. I guess anyone living in the area either makes the trip to THR or up north a few miles.

Hey Bob, no stores in the Hightstown area to speak of.. Precious Pets is up there, but not worth a special trip.

Just thought I'd add to the list...Paradise Pets on
79-something Woodlane Road. I think its in Eastampton.
Anyhow, I wouldn't make a special trip to them, but do have some fairly decent livestock in and out weekly and prices are ok. LR sucks and pieces are covered with hair algae, etc. but are separate from the rest of the salt water tanks with the livestock.
Might find something if you're out and about in the area.

While Precious Pets may not be anything special, they do have a few knowledgeable folks that work there, they don't try to sell you things that you don't need, and are willing to order things they don't normally carry for you.

They usually get their new shipments in on Wednesday's, and occasionally get a real nice fish or two.

Marcelo -

Hi all,

I'm new to the hobby, but I wanted to let you know there's a LFS on S. Broad Street one block west of rout 206 called All Aquatics. I went there yesterday and the workers there seem pretty knowledgeble. The person who helped me out had 15 years experience with marine aquariums and was very helpfull. They have a good selection of corals and fish. There isn't much to compare to in this area as the rest of this string has said, but I was happy with them.