• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Strawberry crab

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
IME; They are generally fine when small but become more opportunistic as they grow. I've had some ~ 2" specimens lunge at fish and even break off corals. Into the sump you go! If you search on RC, you will find hit or miss stories about them.

Is that thing out and visible most of the time, or is it usually hiding. I have a opportunity to get one.

Ours would be out and about more at night than during the day, we have probably had 4 or 5 over the years. I think they are neat little critters. Never had a problem with them getting fish or shrimp, but we also made an effort to keep them well fed.

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Ours would be out and about more at night than during the day, we have probably had 4 or 5 over the years. I think they are neat little critters. Never had a problem with them getting fish or shrimp, but we also made an effort to keep them well fed.

+1 Most crabs are nocturnal

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Is that thing out and visible most of the time, or is it usually hiding. I have a opportunity to get one.

It's out when the blues ramp up. Still very visible. It's 9:30pm now, my blues are at 40%, its wandering about. During the day it digs itself in.