• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Success!!!

I had two sixline wrasses and a banana wrasse in my 75 gal setup. They were the worse fish I ever got. My sixlines would war the flesh of corals and my yellow wrasse would not only eat any new inverts I would add but also tried to eat the foot off my new clam. So today I had enough. I came home from work and made my own fish trap using a Poland springs bottle. Within the first few minutes the yellow wrasse went in and was trapped. I removed him from the display and placed the trap back in. About an hour later I noticed the sixline getting close and testing it. Suddenly he went in and was trapped going crazy. I removed him and placed the trap back in. Five minutes later the smaller of the two went in. All three wrasses in a matter of and hour and a half. I am so happy. Can you guys believe how lucky I got?

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Congratulations on your catch of fish!

I still can’t believe you had two sixlines in a 75g….and both are still alive. That’s the “success” story, in my eyes. Wow!

Now the big question…where are they now?

the banana wrasse is a yellow coris. Not to sure what a lunar wrasse looks like. And yes they lived in my tank for about six months. Never fought each other but together caused destruction. I took them to ocean gallery.

Oscar, I'm going to have to try that. The trap is nice, but you have to hang around waiting to drop the door.

I hope I have your luck, I have two Pajamas I need to get.

I honestly didn't think that it would work but to my surprise it did. It worked so much better than I expected . But then again those fish were greedy little fish and would do anything for food. So in my case it worked great.

diverrk said:
Oscar, I'm going to have to try that. The trap is nice, but you have to hang around waiting to drop the door.

I hope I have your luck, I have two Pajamas I need to get.
What are the pajamas doing? I always thought they were peaceful little critters.

That is amazing. What did you use for bait? I tried something like that to get a domino damsel (who had "I'm a Tiger Shark" syndrome) out of my display one time. A lot of curse words were thrown in my house that day.

What are the pajamas doing? I always thought they were peaceful little critters.

There not being harmful, they just don't do anything for me, visually so I prefer to get rid of them and get another fish.