• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sump with Fixings

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Here you can see the skimmer chamber and the sump intake bubble box.
34x18x14sump004.jpg

The skimmer discharges through the gate valve mod to feed the fuge. You can also use either a internal or external return pump with this configuration.
34x18x14sump003.jpg

Nice design Rich.

If it doesn't fit you could always put the valve inside the box. I know it's not "ideal" but could be done if the length is a little to long to fit under the stand.

What are the diminions of this sump? I like it a lot.

Carlo

how much water flow will be going through the fuge part? if it is too much then the overflow into the return area might create bubbles which might get sucked up by the return pump.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Dims: 34"lx18"wx14"h
The flow through the fuge will be the discharge from the skimmer only. The water level will be at the top of the elbow into the skimmer from the NW pump. This will put the water at 4" - 5" drop from the bottom of the fuge teeth. This same drop isn't a problem in my sump. If bubbles are a problem, LR rubble can be piled up around the suction elbow which should alleviate the problem if necessary.

RichT said:
Dims: 34"lx18"wx14"h
The flow through the fuge will be the discharge from the skimmer only. The water level will be at the top of the elbow into the skimmer from the NW pump. This will put the water at 4" - 5" drop from the bottom of the fuge teeth. This same drop isn't a problem in my sump. If bubbles are a problem, LR rubble can be piled up around the suction elbow which should alleviate the problem if necessary.

ok cool, it's hard to tell from the picture how far the water will be falling.

Still working on it Rich. Ed has most of the plumbing done now. I'll get some pics up soon for you. And thanks again man this thing is a beast.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That is an ASM G3.
Aaron got it from In Living Color Aquatics.
They are a club sponsor and have a fourm on this site.