• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sumpless sps tank anyone?

I am building 75 gallon tank and was wondering if there are any successful sumpless sps tanks out there and if so what are your specs?

I have in mind to use Octopus HB300 HOB skimmer with Two Koralia 3 along with LR for filtration, flow and skimming. TX5 for lighting. The Octopus skimmer will come with surface skimmer or I will aim the Koralia toward surface for air/gas exchange.

Media or Phosban remover will be placed inside chamber of Octopus HOB Skimmer. No Calcium Reactor, just two part dosing.

Doable, but pain to maintain and really ugly with all that stuff (heaters, skimmer, etc) in the tank. Top-off real pain, water changes very disruptive, dosing of any chemicals had to be done with extra care. My previous setup started sumpless, but after a while I gave up.