• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 150 Gallon

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hello Everyone

After months of research, so many questions and the precious advice from so many of you here, my 150 gallon is up and running. It has about 180lb live rock in it.

Here are some pics that I clicked a few minutes ago.

Thanks to everyone who helped and took time to answer all the questions and the guys responsible for running this great site.

Enjoy !!

Sunny
DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

DSC_0328.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
It is actually a rubber band. I attach a piece of Nori to that rock with rubber band and drop it in. The flame and the coral beauty nip on it all day.

whoever helped you setup the tank or answer your questions obv. didnt do a thorough job...... they forgot to mention join the club.

anyways looks great, how long has it been setup? what sump/skimmer/lights? details please.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
onefish2fish said:
whoever helped you setup the tank or answer your questions obv. didnt do a thorough job...... they forgot to mention join the club.

Jon

Not sure which club you mean. If you mean NJRC I am a member for 3 months now. The tank is setup for about 2 months. The skimmer is Euro-reef RSA 180, 45 gallon sump/fuge combo and light is 6 feet - 8 39w bulb and 6 LED moonlight - T5 (Aquaticlife).

Sunny

ohh, excuse me for being rude but i didnt see the status by your name and figured since you said you liked it here you mine as well join us. anyways, looks (and sounds) like its a great setup you got there sunny. be sure to keep the updates coming.

Looks great. I am one of those equipment junkies so if you would take some sump pictures for us that would be super. Like your collection of fish too.

Don't know why it doesn't say you are a NJRC member, will get you some discounts so is to your benifit to get it up there.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Ok maybe I am missing something. I registed to the site and that is how I "think" I become a member?
Is there anything else that I need to do to officially become a NJRC member?

James

I will post pictures of the sump.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Ok , never mind. I found the link to become a "paid" member. Will do that.

Edward771 said:
I think Jon needs to join the Membership committee. lol.
\

ed you can go ahead and change my status ;)

sunny, not only do you get discounts at a few LFS's around NJ but also a allows you to get down on group buys, well worth it. you even get a cool laminated card to put in your wallet lol.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I would say I researched a lot before try the plumbing. After a dozen trips to Lowes this is the outcome :).
The rope is just to support that long PVC (about 5 feet long) that goes to the other return in the tank. With water running through it, I did not want it to buckle and did not want to use thoes PVC support straps. I decided to go with rope.