• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 600 Gallon Build

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
New addition.

Red Sea Eight Line Flasher Wrasse. This dude is cool looking.

0b399661629934fc2764cf826498745c.jpg

Sunny
Very nice!! One of my favorites!

You know I saw those in person, and I wasn't really impressed by them. Seemed to require an abnormal amount of them for full coverage and the color rendition was only marginally better than the black boxes. HOWEVER,

I have seen the tanks on youtube etc that are running them so it might have just been the person's tank I was viewing or their choice of color setting. I look forward to seeing what you will do with yours.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I have seen them in person. Mike @greybolt03 here has them on his tank and they look great. His tank is 72 X 24 X 30 (h) and he only has 2 on it. The coverage is good.
I did a lot of research on these before pulling the plug on them like 30 minutes ago :wink:

Last edited:
That’s awesome! I’m really looking forward to seeing more and more top tier manufacturers put out competitive lighting.

I spent about a year with my radions giving them the ole college try. I like them a lot and there’s no doubt that they grow Corals. Enough so that my new build will be using the radions I have plus one or two more.

I have determined though that I will be running T5 along side them to make sure I don’t have shadows and even coverage on my new tank.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
My problem with radions is the "pucks". I was never a fan of pucks. I like the bulbs spread out like in the fathom led I had before.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Thanks folks. I cannot wait to put some corals in the tank. Ironically it was Aug 2017 when my tank leaked. It has been a year and it feels like it was yesterday :(