• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's 600 Gallon Build

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
OK. So the tank did not come Wednesday as expected. To make things worse the shipping company called me that they cannot deliver it, without me having 5 people here to take it off the truck. This is exactly what the first company did and why the tank got damaged. After the first tank fiasco, I was assured multiple times by Advanced Acrylics that they will ship the next one and it will be delivered using a forklift.
It is Thursday and I now get a call from Advanced Acrylic that the shipping company damaged the pallet the tank was on and might have damaged the tank as well. This is when I lost it and closed my thread here and asked for a full refund from them.

Today, Friday I got a call saying the tank might be OK and the shipping company and AA are now working to get a forklift to get it delivered on Tuesday next week. I have said no to it but, they are asking for another chance. So at this time, I will let them deliver on Tuesday and go from there.

Sorry for getting punchy I was just so frustrated with all this , it is no less than a nightmare.

You thought about ( lift gate) to lower the tank off the truck. And hiring a moving company to help get tank into your home. It’s great you want include the community but you need real muscle to insure it gets in safely. Being nasty to the Manufacture will not help your situation (they already have your money) so get the right people and the right equipment to make this delivery successful. Money can buy a lot of things but it can’t buy respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
You thought about ( lift gate) to lower the tank off the truck. And hiring a moving company to help get tank into your home. It’s great you want include the community but you need real muscle to insure it gets in safely. Being nasty to the Manufacture will not help your situation (they already have your money) so get the right people and the right equipment to make this delivery successful. Money can buy a lot of things but it can’t buy respect.

I do not understand your comments here. The tank was not damaged by the folks from our community. It was damaged by professional freight companies. Not once but twice and each time it was a different company. It came with a lift gate both times but they could not lower it to the driveway. Also I am not being nasty to anyone. Not sure how you got that impression.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
More Drama

The estes freight company came at 2 PM with the tank. They were asked multiple times to give a rough time so the forklift can be arranged. The driver was arrogant enough to not oblige. Now AA called the forklift to come to my house and they needed an hour. This a$$hole driver from estes decided not to wait. AA asked his supervisor to have him wait till forklift comes as he failed to coordinate it with us. He waits for 45 minutes and then leaves with the truck and tank.

Forklift comes at 3:15. He waits till 5 PM for the driver to come back. The estes driver refuses to come back. So no tank again today.

Now do you guys recommend I can lose my cool?

More Drama

The estes freight company came at 2 PM with the tank. They were asked multiple times to give a rough time so the forklift can be arranged. The driver was arrogant enough to not oblige. Now AA called the forklift to come to my house and they needed an hour. This a$$hole driver from estes decided not to wait. AA asked his supervisor to have him wait till forklift comes as he failed to coordinate it with us. He waits for 45 minutes and then leaves with the truck and tank.

Forklift comes at 3:15. He waits till 5 PM for the driver to come back. The estes driver refuses to come back. So no tank again today.

I would no doubt lose my cool! AA should know how to handle this as I doubt it is the first time they have shipped a tank this size. They need to compensate you in some way for the headache on top of setting delivery up correctly. They should fly a rep out to handle it in person. I'm sure the tank wasn't cheap!! They need to make this right!

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
They are doing what they can, cannot blame them really. This second shipping company are just point blank liars. The kept telling AA that the pallet is 122 X 72 inches and AA clarified with pictures and what not that they shipped a 96 X 48 inch pallet. We have been asking the freight company to send pics to AA of what they are talking about. They never got the pics to us. Today I saw the tank in the truck. Guess what - the pallet is 96 X 48. They were trolling me and AA all the time. I even said I will come to lakewood terminal and checkout the tank which they refused.

This is some unbelievable sh!t.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Pics
782ecf62a0878570f11ff4ff08e5f789.jpg
4978c07a43386ad303b3921fad00c875.jpg
6365816635314d384144f21377a8d568.jpg
e5d79f842b2a5ec84940b65d6e500cb6.jpg

Sunny

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
More Drama

I would've lost my $h!t. That sux bud, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's like it's not meant to be

Sunny bro as some one who has met you in person, I don’t think you need anyone’s permission to proverbially “loose your sh*it.”

I have dealt with trucking companies like this before. The fear of the “law” usually makes them clean up real quick.

I hope and pray that everything went well with this replacement tank.

If they let you keep the old tank I’m sure someone with a good table saw and some Acrylic know how can build you an amazing Frag tank the likes of which NJRC has never seen.

I applaud your dedication and thus far your reaction to these events in my mind are completely justified.

Sending positive vibes from NC!

Maybe it’s not meant to be. Too many moving parts your like 0 for 2. Cancel order go with a local builder there’s one in linden nj. The gods have spoken are you listening

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Maybe it’s not meant to be. Too many moving parts your like 0 for 2. Cancel order go with a local builder there’s one in linden nj. The gods have spoken are you listening

I do not know about gods, but I do get a feeling you do not want this to happen. All your jibes about money and respect and what not I did not understand in your last post. Now I can see through you. Do not worry, I will be OK. It will happen and better than before.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Damn! I would have just cancelled and insist for a full refund. If they tried to deliver anyway would just refuse delivery. AS should be handling this. If they hire stupid companies to deliver they are responsible overall.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Max - I hear you. Refusal is easy. If I do that what will I do with the skimmer/custom magnets/UV and 100 fish that I have in my basement? It is not that easy buddy. In AA support they have tried their best to help me. They just have had really bad experience with the shipping companies. I can vouch for it since I saw what ESTES did today and how they lied through their teeth.

There is no integrity left in this world I guess. Everyone is just trying to make $$ by hook or by crook.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Someone said early AA needs to send a rep out and manage this directly at this pont. I agree completely.