• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Sunny's FOWLR build thread ....

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Hello fellow reefers

Over the past few months my desire to setup a FOWLR tank has been fueled by our awesome sponsors (Trop/R2R/AO). I have decided (new year resolution maybe?) to bring it to reality. Not to mention that the void that was created in my family room after I sold my 150G setup is yet to be filled. Given the exotic fish collection that cannot be kept in my ~400G reef, I think it is about time that I get one going ...

So starting this thread as we go. I am closing in on an order for a new setup and am pretty exited about the fact that I can keep the fish I always admired in non-reef aquariums.

Stay tuned for more, in less ....

Sunny

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I love my reef but I also have the dreams of a big FOWLR down the line for some of the cool butterfiles, angels and wrasses that are not reef safe.

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow! I know your floor can hold back all that weight from your 400 gallon tank…and now another big tank as well. What do you use to hold back your wife…..that’s what I want to know? If I mentioned another tank, I don’t think they make anything strong enough to hold back my wife!

Can’t wait to see this new one!

I know the feeling sunny. I've been desiring a FOWLR for the LONGEST time. Compared to reef safe fish some of the most beautiful fish are for Fish Only tanks! I hope to one day have 2 Identical tanks dueling. My first goal is to get my new 150gal Tank build a stand drill it and fill it. I just built a 34G Solana last night mimicking a peninsula and Fell Absolutely in Love with how it looks. It is simply amazing to be able to see 360 degrees and have your fish swim that way as well.

Whew,its good to know Im not alone and just having a reef tank alone just doesnt cut it.Thats why I have more than one tank.Now if we can just colaberate on what we tell our wives and what works would be the charm.I wonder if they have help groups for people like us..lol Best of luck on yr new tank.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
The latest is that the seller backed out. He pulled the typical line on me about how his wife was mad because he was selling the setup for so cheap.
Some people are just so full of s**t. Well, I will start looking again.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Wow! I know your floor can hold back all that weight from your 400 gallon tank…and now another big tank as well. What do you use to hold back your wife…..that’s what I want to know? If I mentioned another tank, I don’t think they make anything strong enough to hold back my wife!

Can’t wait to see this new one!

LOL. I was going to put this one in the family room (where the 150G used to be). Ideally it will be a 60 X 30.

It's hard to trust people at their word these days. The list of people is very small.

Good luck - i'm sure something else will open up.

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
With all my fish in the reef and all my QT equipment sitting ideal, I think it is time to revive this thread.

I have fish, lights, skimmer and rocks. All I need is the right size tank.

Let's see what comes through ...

Stocking list stocking list go go go

I have 2 ai Sol blue that would look great over the tank jkjk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Nope how about you just keep those T5's that you are trying to sell. 4 of them over a 150 or 60" long tank would look perfect with no issues.

(Secretly I've been thinking of setting up a FOWLR myself hehe.) something along the lines of maybe a 90 Gallon or something cool

Sunny

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Nope how about you just keep those T5's that you are trying to sell. 4 of them over a 150 or 60" long tank would look perfect with no issues.

(Secretly I've been thinking of setting up a FOWLR myself hehe.) something along the lines of maybe a 90 Gallon or something cool

That is what I am thinking we will see.