• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T-5 HO Ballast

Can you run two 39 watt T-5's on a 54 watt ballast? I would imagine you could but the bulb life would be shortened

rgarofalo said:
do you have that ballast already?
I have a new 2x39w hagen ballast laying around

I do have it im not sure if it works though it was given to me and the person said he wasnt sure if it worked or not

Edward771 said:
should work T5s like to be over driven.

Im not looking to overdrive them I have MH i just want to use t-5's for actinic. the ballast was given to me so i thought i would make use of it if it works i saw on uvl's site that their 34" bulbs say for wattage 39/60W so i thought you could use them with this ballast. if it doesnt work i'll just have to save up my pennies and get a retro kit not sure which one yet the current one or the sunlight supply one

curt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
hey mike
i think they meant 39/60w to mean when you can overdrive the 39w to 60w with an icecap ballast
i don't know if what you have will work or not
i called coralalife to find out if i can run t5s off there 96w pc ballast they told me they didn't know. but i could try with old bulbs. i never did try though. good luck