• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T-5 Replacement Bulb Recommendations

grink

NJRC Member
Well it's that time of year again to start replacing the bulbs in my T-5 fixtures. Have six bulb configurations and four bulb as well. Have been using a combination of ATI bulbs in the past but know there are some new ones out there. Anyone have some suggestions for this year?
Thank you

I don't know guys...... I'm loving my T5's. I went with the combo Len told me use and the colors are amazing! I set up the T5 fixture over my new 4' x 2' frag tank..... and personally... I think it blows my LED's away. I just don't think LED'***** all the color spectrums unless you use reds, greens, cyans, and maybe UV's. I'm torn! Of course I built my 70 cube recently with all LED right?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Mnat, how do you like the coral+ bulb. I haven't seen it in person. Could you maybe pm me a picture of your tank with it on there? Or just in this thread I just don't want to hijack this thread

Mnat, how do you like the coral+ bulb. I haven't seen it in person. Could you maybe pm me a picture of your tank with it on there? Or just in this thread I just don't want to hijack this thread

What size is your fixture? Pictures are very hard to capture the true color of the light because of different white balances. I just replaced my T5's with leds and have a coral plus that is around 8 months old. Id be willing to give it to ya if it fits your fixture that way you can actually see yourself.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I have the 24 inch in my one fixture and the 36 inch bulb in the other (24 inch is 5 bulbs 36 inch is 6 bulb). Honestly it is hard to see with the naked eye because you are going form roughly 12k to 14k which is tough to see. I just like the way the corals look under the coral plus bulb.