• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T-5 six bulb configuration

grink

NJRC Member
I am currently running a six bulb current fixture on my 120 gallon tank. It is ready to add new bulbs. Anyone have any suggestions on which bulbs and what configuration might be best. Worth trying someone elses ideas!

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I will only use ATI bulbs….I think they’re a very good bulb and hold up to my IceCap ballasts overdriving the bulbs. I also run six bulbs…3 Aquablue Specials and 3 Blue Plus. I like the look and the growth I get from this combo.

I run an 8 bulb t5 setup, ill scale it down but for a 6 i would run 3 blue plus, 1 fiji pink and 2 aquablue special. I have 1 more blue plus and 1 uvl super actinic and i love the color and growth i get

I run 8 bulbs also 1 6700k 3 aqua blue plus, 2 actinc, and 2 aqua blue specials, plua a reefbrite attached to the outside of the light

I run 8 but would say 2 ATI Blue Plus, 1 pure actinic either Giessman or your choice ATI or UVL, 2 UVL Aquasun, 1 ATI Purple.
Blue-high par, pure actinic color, daylight growth high par, and nice color cheaper but high quality purple bulb...in same order for reasons.

I am running front to back:
Blue Plus
Blue Plus
Purple Plus
GE 6500K
Blue Plus
Blue Plus

Looks nice and great PAR.
Ken

mine is

3x ati blue plus
2x ati aqua blue
1x ati purple plus

though i'm thinking of going back to the kz figi...and dumping the purple plus.