• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T-shirt poll

Would you purchase NJRC shirt(s) online through Bonfire?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ve been in touch with Bonfire, an online shirt provider, who can use our design to create shirts for purchase. They cannot personalize. They can offer several shirt options of our choice (is short sleeve, long sleeve, sweatshirt, hoodies, etc). Whoever wants to buy would link to their website and order themselves. There is a shipping charge.
Benefits would be everyone can handle it themselves, no problems with pick-up, nobody’s putting money out for a group, no unclaimed orders in hand, and we can link it through our website.
The main con is shirts aren’t personalized by them, as every shirt has to be the same. Price will be higher than what Mark arranged several years ago (price depends on the number of shirts ordered; more items ordered would be a lower price per shirt), and there is a shipping charge. Members who live near each other can order together as shipping can cover multiple items. The shipping charge is $8.

If there is sufficient interest I will poll again to get a ballpark of how many shirts we anticipate selling so price point can be set.

I’m sure I would order shirts. But I would imagine we would get a much more accurate poll if we could post a reasonably Accurate cost for shirts. Not to be silly. But I’m certain people will say yes they would order and then find out it’s 100 bucks and never do it. Perhaps a mute point. Just a suggestion. Thanks for putting this together.

I’m sure I would order shirts. But I would imagine we would get a much more accurate poll if we could post a reasonably Accurate cost for shirts. Not to be silly. But I’m certain people will say yes they would order and then find out it’s 100 bucks and never do it. Perhaps a mute point. Just a suggestion. Thanks for putting this together.
I concur

Shirts would be in the neighborhood of 20, sweatshirts 35 or more. Again it depends on the interest level. I’m also gauging interest in these not being personalized as older shirts had been, since logistics make this far easier and more of a self-serve style. I agree the shipping charge is high, but when I’ve ordered from there I’ve gotten multiple items so hopefully some people work together to pool the shipping charge.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
One of the issues we came across the last time was that folks wanted to order but either never paid and/or never picked up their shirts, which caused our fellow member a few headaches.

Yes the $8 shipping sux, but we're trying to make it where the BOD is taken out of the equation.