• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

T-shirts (round 2)

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hi all. I've gotten a number of requests for Tshirts. I'm hesitant to do a large order again as last time I was short on the price and I still have half a dozen shirts on my desk that were never picked up. I'm also pretty tight on free time over the next few months.

So, here's the options:

1. The file is in Adobe Illustrator (professional version). If anyone has Illustrator, or a program that can manipulate AI files, I'm happy to mail you the entire file. Be aware there are many layers so its not the easiest file to maneuver around.

2. If someone else wants to grab the reigns, collect the money and info, and set up with the shirt printer, I'm happy to produce the files and mail them to you (or directly to your chosen shop).

3. If you mail me your 'real' first name and your online ID, I'll make a file for you, then mail the eps and jpg to you. You can then go to a shirt shop and have it printed on whatever shirt you like. Lately I haven't had much free time, and I'm not going to be able to drop things to make shirts on request. What I'll do is devote a few hours over a weekend near the end of each month to produce the files and e-mail them out.

Please don't mail me your info just yet as someone may step forward and do a #2 (heh).
If there are no volunteers by next weekend, I'll post that #3 is in effect and will start taking requests then.

I am willing to "grab the reigns, collect the money and info, and set up with the shirt printer" if you are willing to "produce the files and mail them to myself or directly to my chosen shop". This way they will have a consistent look to them. I am assuming that making T-shirts from the JPEG and/or eps is a normal process for a t-shirt print. I don't have anything that could manipulate a Adobe Illustrator file.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Hi Mark. Yep, any shirt shop will be able to print from a jpg or eps.

I had set up the initial order like this:
NJRC T-SHIRT ORDERS
Then compiled a master list of:
name/colors/sizes/ship/pick-up/paid/unpaid

Once you get an order together if you want to send me the names and online IDs I can drop a couple hours on a Sunday creating the files. I'll then e-mail you the entire lot when complete.

FYI, for the first round of shirts I used 'Shore Tees' in Brick (ShoreTees Custom Apparel, ScreenPrinting, Embroidery, Brick NJ). I dropped off 50 files, each with differing shirt sizes and colors, and there wasn't a single mistake made. Each shirt, printed, ran between $9 and $11, so I just kept it simple at $10 each. Actually, if you decide to use these guys, I can run the files directly to them.

Lemme know what you need or what help I can offer. ATM I just don't have the time to worry about the logistics and organization.

I contacted the person who made the t-shirts last time. He (James Abbot) was out of town until today and will get back to me. I asked him about was the possibility of getting shirts mailed out for people who live far away (Mark mentioned he still has some) and may not be attending upcoming events. If he can't do it, I would offer this as well and send them outside myself.

I have only seen the light blue shirts, but someone mentioned grey shirts as well. Should I just use those colors, or allow any.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I contacted the person who made the t-shirts last time. He (James Abbot) was out of town until today and will get back to me. I asked him about was the possibility of getting shirts mailed out for people who live far away (Mark mentioned he still has some) and may not be attending upcoming events. If he can't do it, I would offer this as well and send them outside myself.

I have only seen the light blue shirts, but someone mentioned grey shirts as well. Should I just use those colors, or allow any.
I would try to stick to those two colors to keep things consistent, but if enough people want another color that's fine as well

I contacted ShoreTees and they still haven't contacted me back like they said, so I went to another shop, DependabiliTees in Howell.
Cost of Tee shirts will be $12 (actually cost is slightly above based on 10-30 shirts as I don't expect 50 shirts this time). You can choose size (I will assume mens sizes unless otherwise specified), color (Light blue or Grey) and whether you want to pick up at meetings or have them mailed. If you want them mailed, add $3 to the cost and I will mail it out. I expect the money up front, either mailed to me or handed to me at Septembers meeting (Sept. 25) or August 8 at Jenkinson's Aquarium. I have grey hair and will be wearing a New Mexico Tee shirt as I don't have a club shirt yet either. Deadline for this order will be October 8th, so hopefully I can have shirts ready to distribute for October's monthly meeting. My mailing address is Mark Shelly, 5 Culpepper Ct. Jackson, NJ 08527. If you mail, also please send a conversation confirming.
They will do the custom set up of user ID and Name, so I will only need one JPEG/ eps file from Mark C which should help turn-around time.
Information required along with money is:

Actual name for the shirt
Forum Member ID name
Color, Light Blue or Grey
Size
Quantity
Pick-up or mail
If mail, mailing address

As an Example, for me if mailed, it would be:
Mark
Mark Shelly
Light Blue
Mens XXL
Qty 1
Mail
Mark Shelly, 5 Culpepper Ct, Jackson, NJ 08527
$15 the total cost.

Last edited:

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
I contacted ShoreTees and they still haven't contacted me back like they said, so I went to another shop, DependabiliTees in Howell.
Cost of Tee shirts will be $12 (actually cost is slightly above based on 10-30 shirts as I don't expect 50 shirts this time). You can choose size (I will assume mens sizes unless otherwise specified), color (Light blue or Grey) and whether you want to pick up at meetings or have them mailed. If you want them mailed, add $3 to the cost and I will mail it out. I expect the money up front, either mailed to me or handed to me at Septembers meeting (Sept. 25) or August 8 at Jenkinson's Aquarium. I have grey hair and will be wearing a New Mexico Tee shirt as I don't have a club shirt yet either. Deadline for this order will be August 8th, so hopefully I can have shirts ready to distribute for October's monthly meeting. My mailing address is Mark Shelly, 5 Culpepper Ct. Jackson, NJ 08527. If you mail, also please send a conversation confirming.
They will do the custom set up of user ID and Name, so I will only need one JPEG/ eps file from Mark C which should help turn-around time.
Information required along with money is:

Actual name for the shirt
Forum Member ID name
Color, Light Blue or Grey
Size
Quantity
Pick-up or mail
If mail, mailing address

As an Example, for me if mailed, it would be:
Mark
Mark Shelly
Light Blue
Mens XXL
Qty 1
Mail
Mark Shelly, 5 Culpepper Ct, Jackson, NJ 08527
$15 the total cost.
Yup. Follow the instructions in the above post.

I love my pretty blue shirt and would like to get another!

I have two questions:
(1) Do you know what brand of T-shirt they will be (as sizes run differently) ?
(2) Can we order shirts w/o our name/ID? I would love to have another shirt that I can wear in public w/o every Tom, Dick and Harry posing as my friend, lol.

Thanks for going to all this trouble for everyone! [emoji223]

Sent from my shoephone using Tapatalk while in The Cone of Silence

Any chance of extending the deadline for those of us who've been in a time warp due to assisting those in the path of hurricane Matthew? I totally forgot to drop a check (a what?) in the mail. Duh. [emoji818]

Sent from my shoephone using Tapatalk while in The Cone of Silence

I don't know how to take pay pal. I will extend if I know someone is interested. I will extend it until the 12th so mail can go through. I want to be able to pass shirts out on the October 22nd meeting.
If you don't want a name on the front, I won't include it. Some people just put there first name on it (for spouses or children for instance.) You can use cash if you want, but I didn't want to require that.
I will check Monday for the shirt brand.