• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tang help

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Can anyone tell me what's up with my Chocolate Tang? It swims and eats fine.

Attachments

• 20230705_130250.jpg
    20230705_130250.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20230705_130300_HDR.jpg
    20230705_130300_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230705_130259_HDR.jpg
    20230705_130259_HDR.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 20230705_130256.jpg
    20230705_130256.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20230705_130254.jpg
    20230705_130254.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
Tough to get pics. He looks like dark patches on the body, mainly face and tail. yeah, I know those are dark anyway.
could just be his coloring if there is a stress factor going on. Powder browns do the same thing ime. Almost looked like black ich.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
could just be his coloring if there is a stress factor going on. Powder browns do the same thing ime. Almost looked like black ich.
yes, it does. I did the mirror trick for 1.5 weeks and i don't see aggression anymore. He eats with the the rest and gets right in there.

NanoJoe

NJRC Member
yes, it does. I did the mirror trick for 1.5 weeks and i don't see aggression anymore. He eats with the the rest and gets right in there.
if he dont put on any weight in the next couple weeks, i would look into dewormer for fish. Not the most common thing to run into but does happen.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
If you know anyone that is coming north I would send you some metronidazole for the international worms
I have a small old bottle of PraziPro must be 5 years old , maybe more. Should I use or toss it?
Also, have general bacterial Infection medicine. Would this help?

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
Did not see it out all day yesterday but at night saw behind a rock not looking well. So far no sign if it, guess it did not survive.
Just like dogs / cats, wish I could just ask the damn things what's up.

Sorry

Hopefully just a gloomy and resting.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Didn’t you just lose a clam ?
I would check your water numbers with a lfs

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Didn’t you just lose a clam ?
I would check your water numbers with a lfs
The clam I saw a snail on it few days ago and was closed. I removed the snail but the clam never opened; wondering if something started eating it.

eholceker

NJRC Member
Looks.lile something internal. Either internal parasites or a mycobacterium infection. Fish is probablly to far gone.

eholceker

NJRC Member
I have read they are known for internal parasites. Figured I give it a shot.

Could be but I think the whole internal parasite thing is overblown. If I had to guess its likely a mycobacterium infection. It's common in older fish. Where did you get it from?