• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank Planning

Marco is solid and we went with real reef rock.

No idea it was solid, looks like ill be getting real reef rock. Do you know of any vendors that sell it dry? I don't want to start off with live rock, as to not risk bringing in any unwanted guests into the new ecosystem, plus i would not be in any rush to get the tank cycled.

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
No idea it was solid, looks like ill be getting real reef rock. Do you know of any vendors that sell it dry? I don't want to start off with live rock, as to not risk bringing in any unwanted guests into the new ecosystem, plus i would not be in any rush to get the tank cycled.

Aquatic obsessions in Avenel carries real reef rock, they are a vendor here and very reasonably priced for it. That's where I got all my real reef rock from, it's a great product.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Aquatic obsessions in Avenel carries real reef rock, they are a vendor here and very reasonably priced for it. That's where I got all my real reef rock from, it's a great product.

+1 This is where we got it as well and you can order it dry.

By "solid" he means a solid choice. Its actually quite porous. I used Reef rock The Reef Rock Store. which I prefer over Marco due to it being quite a bit cleaner, but essentially the same thing. As is the rock from here Billy's Reef Connection - Billy's Reef Connection. that has been getting good reviews also.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I ordered my dry rock off reefcleaners.org, worked out great, good pricing as well, they also have great clean up crews, just order for about half your tank size and go from there