• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank temp check in

Like to see where everyone's temp is
A post couple days ago on here sparked some interest on where everyone is keeping it
Right now mine is at 76.0 it might be to low but no one is complaining :)

75-76 in winter and 77-78 in summer. It may. to seem like much but with heat or a/c it makes a big difference with water evaporation and house humidity.

With the BOB you can use multiple switches. I use both the avast pressure switch to control my ato and the mechanical switches for alarms and skimmer shutoff. The presume switches are though to be less prone to sticking but honestly I haven't had one fail yet.

Fish Brain

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
77 +\-.1 the RKL does an amazing job of keeping the temp steady. Even better than my JBJ controller.

78 to 80 most of the year and was running 80 to 82 during the warmer parts of the spring/fall when our central air wasn't on. I may try to bump it down a little this winter to see if it cuts back on the evaporation.