• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tank Thanks to You All!

So I figured I would document my tank changes here. It's been a crazy ride since day one.

I want this more for myself to see the changes over time and to keep picking your brains for improvements and ideas.

As for my reeding journey, it all began when I wanted to make a 10 gallon nano just to see if I can keep one colorful coral alive and de-stress. I went to one members house to get some live sand and rocks (just a few pieces) and due to his generous nature I came home with buckets of rock, sand, a few beautiful corals and a 40 gallon tank with accessories all of a handshake.

Since then I have met so many generous members who have helped my collection grow and I wanted to say thank you to everyone. I have had leaks, pests, more leaks, temperature jumps, did I say leaks? But with all of your help everything has been growing very quickly.

Here is a pic of what my tank looks like now and I will keep updating as the collection grows!

Thank you everyone for making this possible. It has always been a dream of mine to own.

5024d0a4223a5ede8916817fe9e2f792.jpg

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
So I figured I would document my tank changes here. It's been a crazy ride since day one.

I want this more for myself to see the changes over time and to keep picking your brains for improvements and ideas.

As for my reeding journey, it all began when I wanted to make a 10 gallon nano just to see if I can keep one colorful coral alive and de-stress. I went to one members house to get some live sand and rocks (just a few pieces) and due to his generous nature I came home with buckets of rock, sand, a few beautiful corals and a 40 gallon tank with accessories all of a handshake.

Since then I have met so many generous members who have helped my collection grow and I wanted to say thank you to everyone. I have had leaks, pests, more leaks, temperature jumps, did I say leaks? But with all of your help everything has been growing very quickly.

Here is a pic of what my tank looks like now and I will keep updating as the collection grows!

Thank you everyone for making this possible. It has always been a dream of mine to own.

5024d0a4223a5ede8916817fe9e2f792.jpg

Looks good man

Ty!!!

So my equipment isn't the best.

40 Gal breeder with 20 Gal sump
I have odyssea ADV plus (T5, LED, Halide) I don't use the Halide. I have an extra white light LED strip which has caused everything to grow like crazy.

My pumps are no name but they do the job till I can afford better ones.

Also have a bubble magus curve 5 skimmer that works wonders.

My ATO I made myself with two fail switches just in case. Also right a shut off switch to my skimmer if it decides to go crazy and start pulling water and not just bubbles .....I had lots of leaks and over flow so these switches are great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

Over the weekend another super generous member really filled up my tank. Picked up a few huge leathers and in the rock found a few pieces of acro (so excited to see that in the ball of dead acro there were a few nice live arms!!!). Also some extremely beautiful green zoas.

Although all my leathers look pissed off due to moving....basically everything I will post what it looks like now.

60fa05f8c41845acb50c76471f59c494.jpg

Update:

Over the weekend another super generous member really filled up my tank. Picked up a few huge leathers and in the rock found a few pieces of acro (so excited to see that in the ball of dead acro there were a few nice live arms!!!). Also some extremely beautiful green zoas.

Although all my leathers look pissed off due to moving....basically everything I will post what it looks like now.

60fa05f8c41845acb50c76471f59c494.jpg

I FORGOTTTT also a bunch of green caps, and I mean a bunch!