• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tanked cancelled - about freaking time

erics210

NJRC Member
People watch this and think they can come home from the store with the hundreds of dollars worth of pretty corals and fish and put it all up in a day as they do for their big reveals.
Which is a shame...

Since there mostly fish only, and fake corala/no inverts. I guess they can medicate the tanks. The enormously wealthy clients, can probably pay someone to come in on a daily basis to deal with all the problems/ replace dead fish. Its certainly not the right way to do it.

I met them at the NJ Expo. I was one of the NJ staff when the club was involved. They couldn't of been more down to earth and nice.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
This show is why I got into the hobby. 15 season is a long time for a show, mainly like this where its a nitch type show.

The building part was always interesting, the 'What can you accomplish piece' but the show really didn't talk about planning fish or coral, and absolutely zero about maintenance. I definitely would not want to maintain the tanks they build that are 4' tall

reefsandrotts

NJRC Member
Several of their tanks from NJ were sold on craigslist.
The last one i saw was Sherry Shepards,there was videos on you tube from Roman Atwood that he was ticked off and fired the company taking care of it because no matter what they did nothing would live

Yea. I can’t see those celebrities paying a whole lot of attention to tank, besides just casually viewing them. Even if a maintenance guycomes a few days a week, there only so much they can do. The way they do it, defies what I have learned about real world saltwater fish keeping. I have occasionally found the show entertaining, but not realistic. I really hope they didn’t just dump in all those fish and leave. The survival rate would be poor.

falconut

NJRC Member
I enjoyed the show as it was about a hobbie I like. I just wished they mixed in some normal tanks along with all the crazy ones. They were more about what it can look like, not how to get there. As we know, a successful tank is usually achieved when done slowly.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
There was one on craigslist that was sold in feb

Several of their tanks from NJ were sold on craigslist.
The last one i saw was Sherry Shepards,there was videos on you tube from Roman Atwood that he was ticked off and fired the company taking care of it because no matter what they did nothing would live