• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thank you to all outgoing officers

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I want to personally thank all outgoing officers. Your dedication to the club has amazed me all the way. You have accomplished some great feats. Including the biggest one of all that almost killed everyone, our awesome MACNA. Each event has gotten bigger and bigger! I went to the first frag swap and was impressed. Second was even more impressive and through all of them I have had good times.

You have sacrificed countless hours away from your personal lives to set the NJ Reefers Club bar high and bring us where we are today. It will be tough goal for the incoming officers to reach or surpass.

Through the time, there was some criticism, rocky roads and frustration, but nobody threw in the towel only to receive very few sincere THANKS. I am sorry that many more people do not realize what you do and stop to praise you. I however can not thank you enough and wish I was able to help out as much as you do/did.

I have to be honest with you back in the day when I was just a lurker on the boards and there was mention of "organizing", "bylaws", and "elections" I was turned off and almost left. My thoughts were this is supposed to be a hobby not a JOB, but if it wasn't for you taking on this job I don't think we would be here today.

Thanks again, now take a back seat and enjoy your lives and hobby again. Just be available for questioning as consultants! ;D

Taz

Well put taz. I greatly appreciate all the people who run this site. Learned a lot from it, met some good people, and would still be lookin for answers somewhere if i hadnt found njreefers. great site, great people. It tells a lot about someone to put the time and energy into somethin like this site. Especially when its done for free.

Thank you- Nick

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks Taz, Arvind & Nick. We have worked (inconceivably) hard over the last 5 years for the enjoyment and education of the community. Your appreciation and support really mean the world to me. It makes all of the countless, seemingly thankless, hours feel so much more rewarding.

It has been a great 5 years leading this club and I'm glad to have helped to get it to where it is today. I look forward to supporting those who carry the torch on.