• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ThatGuys 42 to 75 upgrade

Well I tried to talk my wife into letting me cycle a whole new tank and got shut down.(had to fight for the FOWLR in my daughters room) So I figured I was bored this past weekend so why not. Well let me start by saying I should have planned this out a little better. First I got a Lrg tote and put all the corals and rocks with corals on them into the tote. Then I got a whole other tote for the additional rock. So I get all the coral and rock out of the 42 bow and realize S***, I don't have any RO water made up. LOL. So I start filling a third tote with RO water(now there is a very small path going through my kitchen as there is 2 tanks and 3 totes). Now my wife is telling me I have to make lunch for us all because she cant reach anything. LOL. After thats all said and done I'm realizing its taking way to long for things to just sit. So I pull out 3 heaters and 2 power heads to keep things going for the time being. After quite a bit of time I figure I have enough water to atleast get everything into the 75 and have water covering everything completely. So I start to set up the rock and add the corals. After tinkering around with that for a while I realize I need some sort of airation for the fish. So back out to the shed I go to get a powerhead that I can just add a hose to for oxygenating the water. By this time its about 12 am and I'm tired. So for the time being the tank sat 1/2-3/4 of the way full with just the 2 power heads, power jet, and a heater. Wake up the next day have enough water to fill the tank up the rest of the way. Mix the salt let it sit for a couple of hours, then realize the heater I had got unpluged at some point and time so the water is COLD. So I plug the heater in and get a couple of 2lts full of hot water and wait some more. Finally I get everything where I want it to be and add the water. Then I'm sitting there looking at the tank thinking "somethings missing". Wife comes over and asks where's the sand. (facepalm) How can you forget sand. LOL. So for the time being it is a barebottom tank. Keeping a eye on everything and so far so good. Everything opened up nicely, fish swimming, only downside is all my acro's browned out during the QT process. Hopefully they color back up, but I'm happy with the end results.

Cell Pics

FT Shot
IMG-20121105-01618.jpg

Lt Side(All LPS, Zoa's, & Softies)
IMG-20121105-01615.jpg

Rt Side(All SPS)
IMG-20121105-01616.jpg

Josh have the same fish and love him been in my tank for 3 years and he's looks great

Yeah he seems to have a good personality. He already about 5-6". He looks out of place because he's huge in comparison to the other fish in the tank.

Well I give up. I added about a 1/2 inch of sand(washed Thoroughly) and it looks like the tank is crashing. Sand was added yesterday and this is how everything looks as of now.
Stag
IMG_1704.jpg

bonsia
IMG_1703.jpg

Hairy Mushroom
IMG_1714.jpg

another Hairy Mushroom
IMG_1713.jpg

Xenia
IMG_1711.jpg

Torch
IMG_1710.jpg