• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The 210 tank build

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Wow what a cool star, rocks look great how many crown snails did you put in there they did a good job.

6 of them. I might have to give like three of them away because I don't want to starve them. They are beasts.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
I would love to ask for one but it would probably starve between my tang and my lawnmower blenny there isn't any alge in my tank, unless they eat Cyano I seem to have plenty of that these days. Good luck can't wait to see some coral In there

6 of them. I might have to give like three of them away because I don't want to starve them. They are beasts.
Looking good Mike, that is a beautiful starfish, I'm having some algae problems on my rocks and the sand I might have to get at least two of the crown snail after seeing the great job they did with your tank.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
I got them from AO, I think they still have some. I will try and get some pics of them, they are pretty boring.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Here is what a top crown looks like:
IMG_0121_zpsb2e18436.jpg

Random SPS shot because we can:
IMG_0122_zpscffa7163.jpg

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Woohoo!! Gotta love new fish. How's the tank doing guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Woohoo!! Gotta love new fish. How's the tank doing guys?

Doing well. We had a fuse blow on the naturereef and I was not testing so the nitrates and phosphates spiked up. However, we got it fixed rather quickly and everything is back on track and doing better. Zoas and shrooms did amazing during that time but SPS got really pissed. We are not really adding anything until RAP so we are just taking it easy for now. I really need to break out the camera and take some pics. Our fish are really really doing well so they need some pics taken. The problem is summer is crazy busy for us. Out of March, April, May and June we maybe had 4 free weekends and July already looks booked up. So a nice patient approach and looking forward to really having fun at RAP in a few weeks.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Wow nice! Is that one of the montis that unique had? Fix flame looks great.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
That monti came from absolutely fish, yes the fox flame is doing well. How is yours?

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
That monti came from absolutely fish, yes the fox flame is doing well. How is yours?

They had some nice stuff I was pleasantly surprised. Mines doing well, seems to like the spot o found for it so I'm happy about that. Thanks again for doing all the leg work for the show and it was nice hanging with you guys over the weekend. Did you get the bloodshots at the show too?

Nice pick-ups Mike. Now I know where the Flames went. Was hoping some would make it to sunday but nooooooo you guys just had to buy them first.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
They had some nice stuff I was pleasantly surprised. Mines doing well, seems to like the spot o found for it so I'm happy about that. Thanks again for doing all the leg work for the show and it was nice hanging with you guys over the weekend. Did you get the bloodshots at the show too?

Yes the bloodshots came from Fox, I will give them another shot, his price was pretty good.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
Yes the bloodshots came from Fox, I will give them another shot, his price was pretty good.

Very cool. Best of luck with them. Mine like lots of flow.