• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

'The Beast Behind the Rabbit' - free

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
He's got huge, sharp-- eh-- he can leap about-- look at the bones!
- Tim the Enchanter

Emerald crab hitcher, big guy, like 2" round.

Will get bigger as he has apparently eaten, or at least killed, in the past week:
1 smaller emerald crab,
2 ceriths,
and 1 turbo.

Deaths were a mystery until I followed some small dotted tracks that led to the fridge and back to the tank, seems he's been making sandwiches to power up his kill drive.
Saw him in the tank tonight ripping one of my tiger nassarius snails out of its shell. Managed to chase him off with a taser and a bat. I swear I heard him laugh.

He's in the fuge now, presumably killing the fire shrimp and hermits as I speak.
So he'll be even bigger soon.

Have to say he never touched the corals. I'm sure they don't scream loud enough.

So, anyone want a crab?

He's probably just misunderstood.

Mark
(201) 467-1771

P.S. There may be no need to pick it up. We can just show it a map of your location and a picture of your livestock and it might make its own way over.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
If he were to molt would he be big enough for a soft shell crab sandwich?

It has taken offense and is currently fashioning a ladder from the fuge eggcrate. I'm going to leave the front door open for it tonight as I can not afford door repairs at this time. Be alert.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I was just thinking of adding a crab. i have a 5" lobster he can play tag with. still living with You?

It is. It seems content in the fuge atm, though I have found my car keys misplaced in the morning and blood trails intermingled with little dotted footprints leading to the doors of the root cellar. I did not have a root cellar before owning this crab and I believe he architectured it to hide victims. The old man that works the abandoned gas station down the road gives me strange looks as I drive by and informs the local teenagers of the 'Dooooooom near the bluelights' and the locals have been gathering about eying the house with suspicion, I expect a mob with pitchforks and torches pending.

Gimme a yell or a text if you want him/her/it. I've got a tight schedule this week but should be about on Sunday.