• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Hidden Reef In PA

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
http://www.thehiddenreef.com/

Hi everybody.

We will be opening the Fish room on Friday the 18th of May.
So come on in and check it out.

We are still in the process of cycling the systems so every week we will boost up our Inventory. At this moment we have asst Damsels, asst. Pseudotropheus, Live Rock about 4000 lbs at our regular price of $3.79 a lb, Feeders, Betta's and Pond Plants

Our new Fish room is over 6000 sq ft with more then 25000 Gallons of water in over 460 Aquariums. So far I haven't heard of a bigger Fish room on the East Coast yet.

Please let us know if you do.

The Hidden Reef Staff

4501 New Falls Rd
Levittown PA 19056
Tel: 215-269-4930
Tel: 215-269-4940

awesome! checked the site yesterday and it said opening soon. boy, they weren't kidding!
and being that they are minutes from my house ... I'LL BE THERE! hehe

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
just remember they only have Damsels, asst. Pseudotropheus, Live Rock about 4000 lbs at our regular price of $3.79 a lb, Feeders, Betta's and Pond Plants

Subliminal

NJRC Member
I thought I posted in this thread, but now I don't see it.

Anyway, I wish them luck. Between them and the new Big Al's opening in relative close proximity, I hope they both make it.

Can't wait to see the 5k gallon shark tank they're supposed to be setting up at Big Als.

where is big al's?

and not to mention the fish factory (1 minute away) and pets plus in langhorne (10 minutes away)....

Big Als might offer something to the area, but The Hidden Reef has an almost cult like following. For many years it was the best (and only) resource for saltwater and reef livestock. I dont see them losing any turf war battles in the future.

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
went there tonight. prices on dry goods compare to the online stores.
They got in a bunch of fish and a few corals. the fish room is nice.

They got a few different fish in there now besides the damsels. Some puffers, clowns, triggers, porks, groupers, anthias.

I dropped a grand there tonight but only about a hundred or so on fish. I picked up two maroon/yellow clowns, huma huma trigger and 5 more yellow tail damsels.

They had one really pretty pinkish/purple anthia (forget what it was). Man I wish they would have had a half dozen of them. They would have made a sweet purchase.

As Ed mentioned the fish room is really nice and it's going to "killer" when fully stocked!

Carlo

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
i got another dc8 for $165. I didn't want to wait till the group buy. Tell me another store that has the full line of neptune products? RichT how many reef gadgets do you want me to sell for you? This place is like Walmart.

Absinthe said:
Carlo

Did you leave another humu trigger for me?? :D

Im headed there on Thursday

I don't remember if there was another one or not but they are starting to get fish in every couple of days now so I'm sure they'll have them.

Ed said:
i got another dc8 for $165. I didn't want to wait till the group buy. Tell me another store that has the full line of Neptune products? RichT how many reef gadgets do you want me to sell for you? This place is like Walmart.

Yea, I didn't feel like waiting on the group buy either so I picked up a Neptune III, DC8, ORP & PH Probes. I really missed not having it and didn't feel like waiting another month to get one. I'm not really sure I'd have saved anything using the group buy anyway as the prices they have everything marked are like a "group buy" price anyway. Your right Ed, it's definitely the "Walmart" of fish stores.

Carlo

Just got back from THR.

WOW!

I was a big fan of the old store but this place is amazing.

If you have been to That Pet Place in Lancaster, PA...well, the new Hidden Reef is the same, perhaps better.

460 tanks, half of them saltwater. 3 very large (300g ea?) tubs of live rock. Tanks range from 20g to 125g for showcasing livestock.

Right now they have tons of damsels, a few dottybacks and some very nice looking Yellow tangs (a few show size), plus some other miscellaneous fish.

My ONLY suggestion...implement a "Take A Number" system in the fish room.

Good work THR