• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The hidden reef levittown PA

I just went to the hidden reef yesterday to pick up some buffer and salt and ended up spending about $250 as I always seem to do. That place is dangerous! They had some really nice chalice frags. I picked up a golden eye chalice and a war chalice. They also had several blue xenias the nice small ones (had to get one of those as well). I do a lot of shopping at allaquatics because the people there are friendly and its 3 minutes from my house but the hidden reef is worth the ride, they have everything.

How much are their chalice frags?

Do the coral tanks finally look cleaned up and actually healthy?

They went wayyy downhill for a while.

I was there for thee first time about six weeks ago. They have an AMAZING stock of dry goods and equipment. You can touch and feel everything! The corals where just OK, but there fish stock! Just unbelievable! And at internet prices!

I know they had a real problem with algae for a while but everything has been looking pretty good lately. I go in at least 2-3 times a month and they have had some really nice peices over the last month or so. I paid $45 for the golden eye and $60 for the war chalice. A friend of mine went in earlier in the week and picked up some nice ausie acan frags too. They must have a new supplier because this is the first time I've seen such nice peices in bulk. The guy at the store said the really nice ones go pretty quick so maybe they will start bringing them in more often.

Ive been in there a couple times, it reminds me of a cleaner animals and things and thats not saying much.

Heres a good example, What responsible store brings in a Crown of thorns star fish, obviously it has to be fed coral polyps. Do you have polyps to spare?

They have a problem with slime algea and it seems to come and go. Last time i was there it looked like they were just poured in a chem cause it was all breaking up. That when they first opened.

During their sale in nov. things looked better but the crown of thorns thing really got to me.

I saw a special on Discovery channel the other day about the crown of thorns. The more removed from the ocean right now the better.

just got back from there.. They have almost no rock.. only a couple pieces of Tonga like 3 I took all the broken branches and some fiji rubble.. also they have totonka rock witch is like acropora skeletons but nice none the less.. They have a decent amount of fish but looked a little low..

The Fish Factory around the corner just got a huge delivery and were unpacking while i was there. Both have nice selection of fish most of the time.

THR tanks were algae free BTW