• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Hidden Reef

Thought I'd add my experience from this retailer (even though its the first one I've been to since arriving in NJ.)

Great place. The dry goods employees were terrible, but the livestock guys down in the fish room were helpful and always happy to answer questions, etc.

They stock their tanks on a Monday evening, so tanks were very well stocked - both fish and corals - on the Tuesday when I went.

Prices were really not too bad, and everything looked pretty healthy.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. :D

Some of the dry good stuff is great prices too, but yes the employees upstairs are less attentive. In some ways I think it is because of how much traffic they get, and are understaffed, though that still isn't a good excuse.

I thought that the people working in the livestock section were very helpful. Also the guy who usually works at the front desk was helpful for me when i was setting up my refugium. The Hidden Reef has a lot of pulsing xenias, and occasionally get frags in for about 20$ either nice zoos or stars. It was pretty clean as well.

I was there a couple weeks before the fire it's an amazing place they had yellow brazillian seahorses for $29 and they were all eating.... What a shame I feel for them.