• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Newest ReefBot Lab?

radiata

NJRC Member
Is anyone, besides me, thinking of buying the new ReefBot Lab?

https://reefs.com/forum/equipment/302845-last-chance-reefbot-lab-pre-order-promo-ending-soon-1.html

Tomorrow (11/7) is the last day for a 20% pre-order discount. Based on a recent R2R thread on ICP vs. hobbyist test kits, I'm no longer enamored with ICP testing. (That thread also digresses into a very interesting discussion of Iron in the reef tank. BTW, ICP can't test for Iron with any accuracy.)

As I see it, the advantages of the ReefBot Lab test instrument are little or no variation due to testing errors, the fact that one can get readings performed at the same time of day (very important for Alk testing and for not having one's static dosing schedule influence any time independent tests), and the ability to divest myself of all of my test kits, checker tests, and my already owned ICP test mail-ins.

All I have left is to figure out whether or not I can test for Iron with it.

I'd appreciate your thoughts...

radiata

NJRC Member
I didn't pull the trigger. The seven tests I was interested in were going to take total of 14 vial slots.

If I had known that RHF was going to tell us all to ignore testing Magnesium, then I could have eliminated 3 vial slots and been under the 12 vial limit of the new Bot.

So it goes...