• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The original UC Strawberry shortcake acro...

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I had a discussion with Joe Caparatta, the owner of Manhattan Aquarium/Unique coral about this acro. This acro was initially released at Macna in AC with much excitement at the time. We were discussing how there have been hundreds of "shortcake" morphs collected since and that none of them have ever been as bright and richly colored as the original. He believes the the genealogy is different in all of these acros and that leads to the differences in coloration. I would have to agree with him, as I have the original and a random wild piece purchased from another reefer. As you can see the differences are tremendous. Both pieces are in the same exact area of the tank. So when there is a premium charged for the original, now we know why...

IMG_4653_zpsf7386f66.jpg

IMG_4681_zpse500f6ed.jpg

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Ill pay a premium darren. Cut me a piece Dance

Ok Darren you can't do that to us and not sell a couple of frags to your favorite Njrc members me being one of them :)

ecam

President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
+1 on that... First in line

Ok Darren you can't do that to us and not sell a couple of frags to your favorite Njrc members me being one of them :)

Nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo we have to wait a year that's hard time. Since we are on the topic of awesome looking coral what is your avatar that is a sweet piece and I'm sure you have been asked a million times but what's one more time :)

I rarely post but his got me itchy !
Very beautifull SSC

I have few questions ,
Is that the same SSC coral showen on jason fox web? They do look alike.

Can you tell us where are you placing the coral in term of lighting and flow?

Lastly , where did you get yiurs from?

Thank you in advance

dnov99

FRAG SWAP VENDOR
I rarely post but his got me itchy !
Very beautifull SSC

I have few questions ,
Is that the same SSC coral showen on jason fox web? They do look alike.

Can you tell us where are you placing the coral in term of lighting and flow?

Lastly , where did you get yiurs from?

Thank you in advance

Yes it's the same that JF has as far as I know. I acquired my frag directly from unique corals.

It's in high light and high flow. Thanks