• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Paintman is back and dropping in to say hi!

Hey guys! Been out of the hobby for a couple of years after a scroching case of dinos broke me. Battled them for nearly a year and gave up. Plus the fact that my Reefbreeder lights spent more time on a UPS truck going back to have the drivers replaced. So I just finally decided to break my tank down and sell as much as possible. Didn't get any bites on the tank or skimmer so they just sat and collected dust. Sold off all my power heads, storage tanks, RO unit, etc. etc. Even tossed all my live rock in a hole out in the field and buried it for good.

Over the past 2 years I concentrated on finishing up my other hobby. Once that was done I thought I was over the hump and i could relax stress free. Then the unthinkable happened, wifey and my 2 girls came up to me and said "Daddy, we sure miss having the fish tank". So here I am, working on getting my 200 gal. 8ft. in wall back up and running, with the only other 2 pieces of equipment being a Reef Octopus 3000 skimmer and my sump. UGH!

I have re-plumbed my entire tank, supply and return lines. Got all new DC pumps(Neptune), for supply and skimmer. I am also in the process of gathering up all new Marco rock and doing the aquascaping.. Havn't yet decided on what lights I am going to use. (defiantely not Reefbreeders)!!!!!!!! Tank will be full blown softie so nothing elaborate. For sure t5's and maybe Kessils.

Soooo yeah that whats goin on at casa de Paintman's. Who's still around in the club that came to my infamous kitten/reef party?

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome back bud, I wasnt there for that party but it's nice to see old members back on the forum.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Good to see you're back paintman.
You know the saying
"Just when you think you're out, they suck right back in"
You have to come to Motortrendz this Saturday.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
You will have to host another meeting up there when you are all setup. You should dig up the old live rock just out of curiosity or leave it for future archaeologists to really confuse them that a bunch of dead ocean rock found its way to north west NJ. IIRC, cars were the other hobby so make sure you post up some pics if they are all done.

Ok I am going to try and post some pics of the finished truck but I have been away so long I am not sure my pics will post. Since the photobucket debacle, I have stored all my pics on imgur. Here it goes...............
nkfjGQd.jpg

l2HaeA4.jpg

Even got a new additon to the family a few years back. Meet MR Magoo...........all 180lbs. of him!
XkSy4pL.jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Nice truck. He does look goofy like Magoo.

Photobucket stuff is BS. I tried to download all my pics but would not let me. I researched and found out you can only download one at a time.
Screw that just delete the freaking pics at this point.

Nice truck. He does look goofy like Magoo.

Photobucket stuff is BS. I tried to download all my pics but would not let me. I researched and found out you can only download one at a time.
Screw that just delete the freaking pics at this point.
I just took a screen shot of the individual pics I wanted and then deleted the whole thing

About how many lbs of rock is that? I'm looking to buy a new tank about half that size & want to aquascape it using marco rocks
I'm thinking pretty close to 100lbs. Shelf, base (cut flat on 1 side), round. The stuff is grea! The possibilties are endless. Alot of the round stuff I busted up with a hammer to get some really cool shapes. Then used marco cement to glue it all together.

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Just saw the truck! That is awesome. Wish I had one...being a portrait photographer it would be a great prop too.