• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Red Tide.

I discovered you in the light, your hair blowing in the waterwind generated by the wind god Tunze.

You crept silently onto the foundation and across my crumbling calcified bed.
Spreading your children into the wind, floating, flowing, seeking.

Like a succubus you suffocate my branches.
Draining the heart, the soulcolor, and even the life force of my trees.

You are indiscriminate in your embraces. Like a woman of the night bathed in red you deny no one your touch, all are...unwilling.

But you are not a woman of the night. You are an exhibitionist.
You defy me in the sight of day and flee at night only to return at first light.

You want to be seen. You want and need the spotlight like a heroin addict that is constantly seeking the euphoria only found in the pounding veins of my branches.

Your embrace is a coffin, buried alive, stifiling the process that creates life.
And so we do battle, you and your spore army, me and my chemical warfare.

It was over in one night. And so your affair was ended, dashed to the rocks with your spirit broken. Peace at last.

I remain, finger on the trigger, knowing 1 slip could give you a chance. A chance to..........return....A Return of the Red Tide.

-Asonitez.

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Ladies & Gentlemen, I would like to welcome you to another Def Reef Poetry session.

Thank you Asonitez, formerly known as Tristan.