• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Reefs Inc.

Just made my first purchase from The Reefs Inc. and I think they deserve there own thread so here goes! ;D

I got a pretty good size polyp rock for $40 and I'm thrilled! Carolyn was great to talk to. Much better than the place across the highway which I will NEVER visit again!

It's a shame the palce isn't more visible though. I've lived in NJ all my life and am always looking for fish places and if it wasn't for this forum, I still wouldn't know they were there.

Very much worth a visit!

Hi Brian,

I quarrentine everything, although I do get anxious about moving corals into the main tank quickly. ;D

What's you favorite shop?

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
blange3 said:
Hi Brian,

I quarrentine everything, although I do get anxious about moving corals into the main tank quickly. ;D

What's you favorite shop?

You know... I don't know if I have favorite anymore. So I can't even answer that question..lol :D

Look through that map and choose one! lol

The Pet Shanty is pretty close to TRI, I would give that a shot. OG2 is also close..although they have been going downhill for awhile now.

I love to window shop and I make regular stops at Pet Shanty and Absolutely Fish. If I think I'm close to buying I make the extra effort to visit Underwater World and Tropaquarium. Now I've added The Reefs Inc. and the hidden place behind the garden center in Boundbrook as well.

They all have their ups and downs, but the chase is half the fun!

I just visited these guys the other day after not stopping if for a year of more. No reason, I'm just not always in the area. At any rate, did they change owners? There used to be an older guy there. Not the most friendly, but seemed knowledgeable.

There was a women Carolyn there this time. Very nice, but it there was a distinct lack of fish. Lots of empty tanks. The stock looked good, but not alot to choose from. Did I just hit it on a bad day?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
There was a split of owners and they wentn their separate ways. I think the jury's still out on their long-term survivability after the split. Only time will tell.

malulu

NJRC Member
I heard that the other owner open this new shop http://www.eaglereefsystemsinc.com/  it is in a small strip mall, and is very difficult to find... cause the new sign is not up yet (still have a previous store's old sign) you should call the phone number if you can't find it.

eagle reef systems is a pretty good store. nice fish selection and all looked healthy when i was there. its under the sign of a drug store, right next the the convenience store on the end of the row.

hello there reef club, i new to this club and have a question about the subject. I live in clifton nj and was wondering where i could fing some good finds. I am aware of absolutly fish, but need some other places to shop. They are kinda expensive. Thank you , Danny

Welcome Danny!

Join the club and we'll tell you!

Just kidding, sort of. ;D

Head east on 46 to The Fish Tank in Saddle Brook. They are on the West bound side of 46. Very nice place.

Bill

i visited that one today & also Reef Encounter in Hackensack, any others out there. I need to see more places.........

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I can't believe that I posted almost the same exact post as I did when this thread first started.. Maybe I should read through the post before I write something..

At least I was consistent! ::)