• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The universe must be aligned just right.

Tazmaniancowboy

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I was reading and saw a video of green Chromis spawning last night on another site. Many of us have clowns spawning. And tonight my clam started spawning again. While I was looking at the soupy mess of clam spawn I saw almost a Dozen of my snails spawning too! I guess the conditions are just right! Love is in the air! LOL

I wonder if the snails were somehow influenced by the clams. The moon is first quarter so they don't seem to be on a lunar cycle. If they were influenced by the clams, I also wonder what would happen if you siphoned out some of your "clam spawn water" and put it in someone else's tank.

Hormones my friends, hormones are in the water!

three things that could lead to that:

-a change in water chemistry that lead to near perfect water conditions which stimulate their reproductive capabilities
-a change in water chemistry that triggers self preservation thereby creating a single-species reproductive event, hormonal discharge stimulates closely related organisms to do the same
-Taz started playing Sade's "Best of"

concept3 said:
Hormones my friends, hormones are in the water!

three things that could lead to that:

-a change in water chemistry that lead to near perfect water conditions which stimulate their reproductive capabilities
-a change in water chemistry that triggers self preservation thereby creating a single-species reproductive event, hormonal discharge stimulates closely related organisms to do the same-Taz started playing Sade's "Best of"

Hmmmm...I wonder if this event can be reproduced by introducing these hormones? Not that I have a bottle of it in my pocket or anything. ;D