• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

The Wii

My kid is getting a Wii for Christmas, I already have it ;) When he was asking for it he mentioned he needed other controllers for it but when I checked the box I saw what looked like controllers. He also said he needed "nunchucks" for it ??? I don't want to go to gamestop, bestbuy, circuit city, etc.. and have them sell me alot more crap than I need but want him to have everything he needs for it. Also if you can recommend some age appropriate games, he'll be 10, no shooters please there's enough killing in this world.

I got the Wii play along with the nun chuck yesterday so if his friends want play they can. I noticed they had memory cards, are they necessary to save games or is there built in memory?

We gave my son's one for his birthday yesterday. We got him the wiisport, the wii play, and mario olympics.
Very fun and addictive. but you better be in shape to play mario olympics, I woke up this morning like I spent all day at the gym!

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wiiii! I got mine this morning, VERY early, at TRU. ::yawn:: Is it naptime yet? Thanks for the tips on the Mario Olympics.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The kit we got included both the nunchuck and the controller. It seems like they have all different types of packaging configurations so you'll have to see what the one you're looking at includes.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Check the boxes of the games you bought separetely to see if any of those require a nunchuck. The only game that comes with Wii Sport that needs a second nunchuck is the boxing game. All the other Wii Sport games just need a second controller to make 2 player play more enjoyable.