• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

think I have my first case of ick

Im thinking it is ick, not sure as I have never had it before. Overnight my powder blue tangs head(black part) is covered in white dots looking like salt so I am thinking it is ick. Not another fish in the tank has it. What plan of action should I take? I just got home now so there i am guessing there is no much I can do now. Only products I have are from my koi pond which is Prazi and profrom c...

How long have had him and how is he eating. Sometimes they just pick up particles in their slime coat. Watch him a little before you do any medicating.

i have had him for probably close to 2 months, hes eating rods food fine like always swimming around doing his thing. dont really think it is sand, im looking closer now and there is a couple bumps on his eyes too

maybe you should QT him? try to keep whatever this is away from the rest and possibly prevent a tank wide?

I would get him out of the tank, and treat him. Give him a fresh water dip and treat him for atleast ten days before he goes back in the main tank. If you can't catch him, there are treatments for the main tank, but I would hesitate to do that. I haven't tried kick ick but it might help, I just prefer the capture and quarentine method. Good luck!!!

speaking of which - any updates? is it indeed ich and has it spread?

sorry - i read your other post and you're not feeling well so hopefully everything is ok. Fingers are crossed for you that it's just sand.