• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thinking of getting the maxspect gyre

ryanpal

NJRC Member
Hey guys. I'm strongly contemplating getting the maxspect gyre 130. My only concern is buying it today and then having a new model release the next week. Does anyone know if there's plans for a new model or perhaps one with a built in advanced controller for Apex integration???

Any feedback appreciated.

Hey guys. I'm strongly contemplating getting the maxspect gyre 130. My only concern is buying it today and then having a new model release the next week. Does anyone know if there's plans for a new model or perhaps one with a built in advanced controller for Apex integration???

Any feedback appreciated.

There will not be any changes to the Gyres other than the advanced controller some time in the spring of 2016. The pump will remain the same.

Chris
CoralVue

ryanpal

NJRC Member
There will not be any changes to the Gyres other than the advanced controller some time in the spring of 2016. The pump will remain the same.

Chris
CoralVue

thank you the replies guys.

chris, do you mean there will be an advanced controller that comes with the grye or it will still be sold by a third party? also, edward mentioned a new propeller...will these come with the new/current gyres?

chris, do you mean there will be an advanced controller that comes with the grye or it will still be sold by a third party? also, edward mentioned a new propeller...will these come with the new/current gyres?

Also to expend on this question a bit more. How can one determine that they are getting the Gyre with the more rugged impeller vs getting the older style impeller?

I added 2 maxspect at each end of my 9 ft tank with my 4 NP-40;s on the back wall. They work great...I like them.

Advanced controller will be sold separately. The XF130 Gyre is now coming with the new propellers, the XF150 will have them by December.

Chris

Also to expend on this question a bit more. How can one determine that they are getting the Gyre with the more rugged impeller vs getting the older style impeller?

All of the major online resellers have the newer XF130 Gyres with new propellers. If you happen to purchase a new XF130 and it comes with the old propellers I will have a new set sent to you at no charge.

Chris

ryanpal

NJRC Member
Advanced controller will be sold separately. The XF130 Gyre is now coming with the new propellers, the XF150 will have them by December.

Chris

will the advanced controllers coming out next spring be compatible with the current XF130's? if so, i'd like to buy the xf130 today and then wait for the advanced controller next spring

I have the 150. It's a great pump but I have to also use a big old Tunze to get the right amount of flow. I've been happy with the unit and when I needed some help Chris was great and things that needed repair were immediately remedied
I am waiting to see when the 170 is like. I have a 300 gallon tank that is just over 8 foot long. Peninsula.
CG

ryanpal

NJRC Member
will the advanced controllers coming out next spring be compatible with the current XF130's? if so, i'd like to buy the xf130 today and then wait for the advanced controller next spring

i just want to double check on this before i make the purchase. Chris would you be able to confirm?

What are the best modes to use? I currently only use constant and feel like I'm not getting as much out of my pump as I could.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
What are the best modes to use? I currently only use constant and feel like I'm not getting as much out of my pump as I could.

thread hijacker! :)

on a serious note, would like to find out the answer to my last question regarding compatibility....i just saw an ad regarding the neptune's wav pump which looks interesting with perfect integration with the apex

I don't see why they wouldn't make it backwards compatible. If they didn't they'd be shooting themselves in the foot as far as sales.

The Apex module states "Hook up your Maxspect Gyre XF-130 or XF-150 pump to most 3rd party controllers using an available 0-10 volt port."

ryanpal

NJRC Member
I don't see why they wouldn't make it backwards compatible. If they didn't they'd be shooting themselves in the foot as far as sales.

The Apex module states "Hook up your Maxspect Gyre XF-130 or XF-150 pump to most 3rd party controllers using an available 0-10 volt port."

i hear yah. just want to make sure...

ryanpal

NJRC Member

thinking about this more, Apple doesn't seem to think so. if you've ever owned an iphone you'll know the issue with their charger plugs changing. nonetheless, i want to be sure so i msg'ed chris and am awaiting a response.