• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thirty 5's Deep Blue Rimless!!

The zoas in the top pick are really cool looking do you ever sell any of your zoas?

Sometimes... I just traded a bunch of the pink zippers (the ones to the right of the darth mauls, top pic)

Def have to let them all grow out...

So the ones in the center top pic are darth mauls thats the ones i was talking about very nice. if you ever frag please let me know they would look great in my tank thanks

The tank looks great, love the new zoos.

I am a bit late jumping in here, but i saw your post about blue eyed cardinals. You may want to speak to Darren before you buy them, he had them and i don't believe he had the best experience with them if my memory serves me.

Ok, I will do that (what is his SN?). I did not get them yet, so that may be a good thing. I may get bangaai instead..

How many bangaii are you planning. I'm planning on them too for mine. I was hoping to do a few but have read that no matter how many you get you'll usually end up with a pair. Though some have said they got lucky and ended up with a male and two females.

I haven't researched much about the bangaai. But I was thinking like 5. There is a vendor up by me that has good prices.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, I will do that (what is his SN?). I did not get them yet, so that may be a good thing. I may get bangaai instead..

Darren = dnov99

I love my bangaai cardinal pair. I bought four aquacultured babies from trop (they were each the size of a dime), raised them, and gave two away and kept two.

If you are flexible, get a small group of juveniles, and wait for the two dominant fish to pair off, then re-home the others.
Juvinille aquacultured bangaais that are easy to find a home for if you end up with group that is not entirely compatible (I had what appeared to be two pairs). I know that Trop has aquacultured bangaais now (Trop is where I bought my babies about a year and a half ago). Just watch how small you get them, they are not strong swimmers AT ALL, and when they are babies, they REALLY have trouble with power heads. I raised mine in our 12g jbj nano for approx. 9 months before moving them to the 45g cube because the vortech mp10 created too much flow for them; when we set up the 160XL.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
To add on to what NikkiT said, bangaii's are not schooling or shoaling fish. When they are juveniles they hang out in groups but as they get older and bigger they will split off. If you don't seperate them out, you will have some violence and probably death.

To add on to what NikkiT said, bangaii's are not schooling or shoaling fish. When they are juveniles they hang out in groups but as they get older and bigger they will split off. If you don't seperate them out, you will have some violence and probably death.

Ahhhhhhhhh glad you mentioned that. I did not know that. Glad that I brought up getting them. Thanks for your input.

Well I added my Qt'd fish to the DT last week. I have to say that I am very happy to report that for the past couple days I have not seen ONE flatworm on the glass. I guess the little Damsels are doing their job. :) I did notice that they spent alot of time in the beginning at the glass. Now one of them hangs with the clowns.

All the fish are eating like slobs. Even the little hippo is eating larger of the pellets that I am feeding, the same pellets I feed to the Anthias.

So far so good! :)

Have a couple more fish in QT, will post about them when they are ready to hit the tank.

Well it has been a while since I updated my thread... Here are some pics of the fish that I have right now. The cowfish still has some spots on the fins, but has never gotten worse nor has any other fish in the tank shown any signs of anything.

1 SA Extreme SnowOnyx
1 SA Extreme Black Ice
Both from Clown Aquatics on their last pre-order

Blue Hippo
Cowfish
Trio of Bi-Color Anthias
2 Springer Damsels
4 Cling fish, but cant find them :)

IMG_4500_zps881dd996.jpg

IMG_4499_zps3a184bde.jpg

IMG_4498_zps12f78faf.jpg

IMG_4493_zps96c9c83f.jpg