• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

This Should Settle This Once and For All....

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Paul, Outside of Ocean County, Crystals Deli on Ernston Road in Parlin makes a good one. Maybe you could recommend another in that area if I'm wrong. :)

redfishbluefish

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Paul, Outside of Ocean County, Crystals Deli on Ernston Road in Parlin makes a good one. Maybe you could recommend another in that area if I'm wrong. :)

I have no recommendations, but imagine that Crystal’s Deli PORK ROLL is absolutely delicious considering they have rightfully termed it PORK ROLL. Can’t go wrong….and it’s first on their menu:

Crystals Deli.jpg

Note that there is no mention of that other incorrect term used to describe this fine delectable.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
THECSPK ...... if you from north jersey...then you know !!!!

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
I always refer to it as Taylor Ham the same way everyone seems to refer to cotton ear swabs as QTips! The best brand is always raised to the level of prominence for it is the standard by which all others must hope to achieve. :oo:

Salted

NJRC Member
I call it Taylor Ham because that's all I'll eat. If they are using any other brand of pork roll (which I am well aware that that's what Taylor Ham is) I'm ordering bacon egg and cheese.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
You guys south of the Driscoll Bridge are just jealous- you can't find a decent bagel or a good hard roll anywhere- not to mention a good slice of pizza :p :)
So true. But I did find a decent place for pizza right down the street. Another place has good brick oven pizza. Hard to find a good Italian deli. One in Brick is not bad. A place in Lakehurst makes fresh motz.

mrehfeld

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So true. But I did find a decent place for pizza right down the street. Another place has good brick oven pizza. Hard to find a good Italian deli. One in Brick is not bad. A place in Lakehurst makes fresh motz.
There was nothing like Sal’s or Presto Pizza

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I think the cutoff for decent pizza is around exit 82 off the parkway- after that it's all Phily- and only a good steak sandwich lol

Salted

NJRC Member
I think the cutoff for decent pizza is around exit 82 off the parkway- after that it's all Phily- and only a good steak sandwich lol
The cutoff is wherever the water supply stops coming from out of upstate New York. When I was in infantry school in NC the only place that had good pizza was a place in the mall that had water from here brought in in 5gal jugs.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
@MadReefer, have you tried Rosie's pizza in Point Pleasant? Best in the area and I would put it up against anything in the state. Anthonys's from brooklyn in Toms river also has some pretty insane sandwiches, highly recomended.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
@MadReefer, have you tried Rosie's pizza in Point Pleasant? Best in the area and I would put it up against anything in the state. Anthonys's from brooklyn in Toms river also has some pretty insane sandwiches, highly recomended.
Nice a new place to try.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
Yall want real pizza? My favorite will always be the OG Stadium Pizza on route 440 in jersey city. Plain slice only. And don't forget to order zeppoles.