• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Those anyone know anyone whom has this display

Ok I'm trying to setup my 110 Gallon slim. Right now i'm building a stand to lift up the stand that the tank came with. so i can have Tank in height view.

Ok this what im trying to do.

I will be having the tank to be viewed front n back and right side. I actually have it running across my living room.
Now on the left hand side, i want to build a closet with 3/ shelves with windows so i can have it for veiwing a Cheto tank, a Frag tank, and a breeder tank . well maybe 2 tanks .

I'm learning sketup so i draw out what i'm trying to do.
Those anyone know if anyone out there have the same concept that i'm trying achive ?? any PIcs?????

Does anyone know anyone whom has this display

Ok here's a drawing of what i'm trying to do..
My110slima.jpg

Mind you the skimmer is a Power pro Model PQONE..
I'm looking for manual on this too?
Not to sure on hooking up ? I was told the big valve is the return and the small is the inlet ?

I've rarely seen anyone doing it this way, probably because of space considerations. Most of the systems I've seen going for the 3 sided effect have a very narrow cabinet space on the back side 4-5 inches that just covers piping/overflows, so you end up with the canopy/back wall/stand all forming a big C with the tank in the middle. Sump is in the "traditional" place under the tank.

What you're planning would certainly be an elegant setup. Crawling around on the floor to tend your sump is a PITA.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry, I can't really comment on that setup. I do have a concern about the tank, though. That size tank is going to be very difficult to aquascape. It's so narrow that it would be hard to make it work for one sided viewing. I hve no idea how you'd going about stacking rock to make it work from two sides. Are you locked into it only being 13" wide? If not, try to go with at least 18".

My thoughts.............

13" width is narrow but doable with some planning. I'm going to guess that everything is outside the stand because of the skimmer size.

If this is going to be in the living room, the walls/doors will have to be vented, the chiller is going to "cook" that room. You'll need to vent the room with a fan or two in the other room behind the wall. Maybe consider putting the chiller behind the wall as well. This will eliminate a huge heat issue and lessen the load on the chiller.

No plumbing in drawing for refugium and frag tank. I would suggest a seperate pump which pumps to the refugium. Put in a standpipe in the refugium which drains into the frag system. Put in a standpipe in the frag system that drains/runs into the chiller and back into the sump.

You'll need a powerhead or two in the frag system as well. To eliminate the powerheads, use a larger pump to pump the water to the refugium, add a ball valve at the refugium level and slow the flow down. Add a T at the frag system and let the water flow into it through a spray bar. this will allow the pump to pump freely, the refugium will get a constant slow flow of water and the frag system will get some really nice flow without the use of powerheads.

I would think for rock scaping you are going going to have to be a bit creative with narrow bridges and towers sort of thing. Little wider will make it easier.

For a the plumbing an stuff...what Brian said sounds a lot better then what I would come up with.

I really would avoid this tank size. 13" is not enough space. I set up a second tank last year (46 gallon bow) which was about 12" on the sides and came out to about 15" in the middle. It was very hard to aquascape the rock. I ended up taking it down and going with another tank.
Ken

Re: Does anyone know anyone whom has this display

Hi i really rather stay with the 13"
I was also thinking of putting a spray bar going all the way to end on the bottom.

As for chiller ok i can put that behind the wall .
Also my house is on a slap. And the house is always chilly , even in the summer ? being i'm in the mountains.. LOLO. I do have a ceiling fan near the tank.
I have so much equipment its not even funny . after buying and getting good deals i just been buying buying.

I also have a custom 65 gal that i want to setup as well. i have a 30 g now now running and i want to transfer that to the 65.
I'll be posting pics on that too for help on setup up .

Ok the 110 i'm gonna have to also drill 2 holes for the overflow. don't know what size?

Hi Janey,

Your tank dimensions seem to be off (or the capacity is a little above 97 gallons).
Your length X breadth X height = 22464 cu. in. .. and that according to Google Calculator is 97.25 gallons approx. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=wE&q=22464+cu+in+to+gallon&btnG=Search

Just wanted to let you know before you hit the drawing board again, with wrong parameters.

I got curious because I have a tank with similar width and height but half the length and it is a 40G.

hmm i'm sure i measured wrong... ??? ???
Ok i know it's 72 long width is 13" the height should i measue from bottom of brace to top of brace ????

cause i didn't :eek:

Check out Joe's tank here
http://www.njreefers.org/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=13675.msg152963#new

I think your thin tank could be successful with a similar rock formation. You will probably have some rocks as wide as the tank but that is OK. Planning is going to be more important then with a wider tank. But as a 3 sided tank you will want the fish to be able to go around the rocks, I think it can be very nice. I do perhaps agree a slightly wider tank would be easier but our lives don't necessarily fit into the molds that people want them to. :)

I assume you would have measured from glass surface to glass surface, which just by itself is an incorrect way to get to the tank capacity (since we have not accounted for glass thickness). I would suggest not to sweat it, since it might not a big deal on a tank that big.

But if you think that the incorrectness of the information provided by the seller is a valid premise to lug the monster back to him and get it exchanged for a tank easier to sculpt, then you might want to take a second look at the numbers.

Height of the tank should only matter if a miscalculation there, messes your calculations for canopy/pendant overhang/venting.

Do anyone know anyone whom has this display

And how do i connect it all up ?????

Thanks everyone for input and ideas.....

Myslim110b.jpg