• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thoughts on. orphek atlantik v4 led lighting

So I've been looking around at lighting options for the 90 gallon. I finally settled on some high output full spectrum Chinese LEDs. But after making a purchase I came across a light fixture by a company called Orphex. This lighting fixture was a little Diffrent from the normal LED setups out there. Instead of having just white, blue, and ultra violet LEDs like most this fixture has a rainbow of colors. According to the reviews on Bulk reef supply they said the par has the most balance compared to the others and has the widest spectrum of blue out of any led on the market. Ive never seen any lights like it during my previous searches but I am impressed

They are high end LEDs a couple steps above Ecotech Marine. Really nice light but you'll pay a nice price for them $900 for one is a lot

You'll see more companies switch from the puck style LEDs to what they do with multiple LEDs much better spread

If ur willing to spend $900 on led system for sw/reef forget "cheap" Chinese made and go with a Maxspect Razor. They are division of Zetlight which makes the best led light ( next to the leader in the industry - Giesemann ). IMHO

Ya I saw the price I would never pay that kinda cash on a light in my opinion when it comes to the market price on lighting for this hobby we are paying to much. I know this statement is gonna take a few kicks but I eagerly await the day when the Chinese can replicate lights like this and kessil so I can afford it.

I agree that lights are too expensive. I recently purchased the Hydra 52s and it took me a while to bite the bullet because of the price alone.