• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thread sealant- what should i get???

Hi Everyone,
I have a small leak coming from the fitting going into the bulk head. I tried the tape in various ways (always going in the right direction) less more and not working. I now hear over at the forum that thread sealant is the way to go nowadays. I have a home depot and lowes near me. So any idea on what i should be getting??

thank you,
Christine

The water is coming from inside the bulkhead. I assumed if it is running down the threads of the fitting that it wasn't the bulkhead but rather the seal.
Did i make a wrong assumption?

if its horizontal mounted I guess it would be easy to tell since the fitting extends out a couple inches past that glass. But if its vertical Id probably first assume the seal is the issue since thats vastly more common.
Ive always only used tape and never felt need to try anything else. Suggest first to just start again; wrap it 5-6 times and don't overtighten