• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Thrive water computer

This is a video on how it works.

[video=youtube;lFDpsW44q4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDpsW44q4Q#t=288[/video]

Not sure when we will see these in the LFS however.

Is it really only a $1 to check you water

Some stores do FREE water tests. PETCO had a policy that you must provide a water sample with your dead fish and receipt to get a new fish. This was a way to sell more stuff to correct any issues found. I wonder if you can get FREE test with your PALS card.

I have never had my water tested a petco but I figure it's just the normal stuff like NO3 PH
I figure a CA or an ALK test would be a little more money
This is really cool like to see it in action

I have never had my water tested a petco but I figure it's just the normal stuff like NO3 PH
I figure a CA or an ALK test would be a little more money
This is really cool like to see it in action

Yes it was for freshwater only because the return did not cover saltwater fish.

TanksNStuff

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It does look pretty interesting. I'm just wondering if all those blinking led colors inside the machine might affect the color comparison of the test sample that the machine makes? Is the sample isolated so that those lights can't be reflected onto the tube?