• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

time to get a doser...suggestions?

ryanpal

NJRC Member
dosing limewater and baked baking soda manually is a bit of a pain. i have an apex controller and would like something to integrate easily with a doser. i know some people recommend the bubble magus, others the jaebo, and some people claim the DOS neptune systems doser is pretty awesome.

i figured i'd ask around here for those who are a bit more up to date with the equipment these days than i am. any suggestions appreciated.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have the dos, my favorite doser by far for accuracy, cheaper route would be two brs dosers, I still use them for other items I dose, easy to program with apex.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The other dosers you mentioned work fine as well, but are stand alone systems you can't integrate with an apex.

ryanpal

NJRC Member
thanks for the replies guys...so i would need one or two of these: BRS 2 Part Doser – 1.1 mL per minute - Bulk Reef Supply ? right now i'm trying to stabilize calcium and alk.

also, i read on a forum that someone had these stuck on and it put a ton of supplements in the tank and for some reason the apex didn't kill the power to the terminal. just want to make sure this isn't a common issue.

horseplay

NJRC Member
Make sure you use the two outlets with mechanical relays.

Also, a while ago I set the doser to the on position and got distracted and 1 liter of ALK was dosed. After that incident I figured out how to make Apex send an email and txt when the dosers are on for x number of minutes. So in case you forget you'll get an alert.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It's a rare thing to get one stuck on, use outlets 4and 8 on it. You would need two dosers, one for calc and one for alk