• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Tired of changing water and have 3 grand laying around

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
NYFireman had one of these (and recently sold it). You missed the golden opportunity!

wait a second.... just thinking in my head, that looks like an inline RO system that probably just puts the drain water back into the system, but i wonder how they keep it from removing the salt from the water?????

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It replenishes Ca and Alk too though... so there's more to it than an inline RO. And you're right... it would be trying to take ALL elements out of the water (and buringing out like crazy), so it can't be as simple as that.

Nick, any idea what the magic behind the various canisters was? Have you contemplated making a DIY version?

First Jhale is selling his for $1000 FWIW

Its a RO/DI w/ a dialysis filter. You set up say 5g a day water exchange say. It will pull out the 5g put it through the filter which absorbs nutrients also any pest I.E. redbugs flatworms whatever goes to it. Which when it returns to the tank the SG will be lower then when it went in. Which the program in the dialyseas knows how much SW to add from the SWbucket it comes with. It does top off and also the conductivity probe will add SW if it showws that it is needed HTH

nyfireman3097 said:
First Jhale is selling his for $1000 FWIW

Its a RO/DI w/ a dialysis filter. You set up say 5g a day water exchange say. It will pull out the 5g put it through the filter which absorbs nutrients also any pest I.E. redbugs flatworms whatever goes to it. Which when it returns to the tank the SG will be lower then when it went in. Which the program in the dialyseas knows how much SW to add from the SWbucket it comes with. It does top off and also the conductivity probe will add SW if it showws that it is needed HTH

That is effing awesome. Sheesh.

I want one badly, now.