• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Toms 93g cube upgrade

Its really clearing up fast...thanks for the corals and shrimp all doing well. The large coral looks beautiful...

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Some updated picks. Gonna be looking for nice lps at the fragswap to fill that sanded

Rightside
a11172af8d999a39412a6391f87e58aa.jpg

Front
0280da23ace6910811cb50268fbfb7d3.jpg

Left side
7669a9cf099f26488de078e7deaf8b98.jpg

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Well. Looks like I'm gonna have to make a decision. After 2 years of not touching anything in my tank my flame angle decided to start nipping at the acan bargins I picked up at the swap. It figures that when your able to buy coral at a massive discount something decides to eat it. I got 4 really nice frags. Multiple heads. There's no way I'm getting rid of the flame so unless the flame decides to lay off, you'll probably see some acan on deals and steals soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe cover them to see if the angel will lose interest. My angels would always peck at things but never serious damage.

Hockeynut

NJRC Member
Tom I had the same issue sooooo out went the acans :) I like my flame more. He has been a model citizen ever since.
Also try to hang nori in the tank mine loves to pick on it and lays off the coral.

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Here's a recent video of the tank. About 6 weeks ago I noticed some things out of wack with the tank. Polyp extension wasn't as good. Growth slowed. Had to clean my glass more regularly. Salifert po4 kit showed nothin so I got a Hanna checker and was alarmed to find my po4 up to 0.2. I hadn't run gfo in a few years and am guessing when I moved everything over I disturbed the phosphate monster. Well I immediately started to run gfo to slowly bring down the po4. As of today it been at 0.00 for a while. I've notice growth is starting to take off and color is coming back. I did lose one acro colony which I'd grown from a frag of valida I got from sonny a few years back. Fortunately I managed to save a frag so I'll have to start that process again

http://youtu.be/y-gRtaXwasc

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Some Update Pics for you all. Tank is really starting to bounce back from the prior Phosphate issues. Brown corals are starting to lighten and color and growth has really taken off. Back when i had my 75 i was doing 50ml a day of two part. I had to cut that down to 20ml after the transfer because the po4 completely killed growth. This week when i tested my levels had dropped significantly and I'm dosing 40ml a day to keep up.

IMG_0930.jpgIMG_0931.jpgIMG_0942.jpgIMG_0943.jpgIMG_0944.jpgIMG_0945.jpgIMG_0952.jpgIMG_0956.jpgIMG_0962.jpgIMG_0964.jpgIMG_0965.jpgIMG_0966.jpgIMG_0968.jpgIMG_0969.jpgIMG_0970.jpgIMG_0971.jpgIMG_0972.jpgIMG_0974.jpgIMG_0975.jpgIMG_0978.jpg

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
So now that I've gotten things back to normal and stable I've started to add some more coral. I'm not normally one to buy larger colonies but when I walked into trop a few weeks back I noticed a few beauties and picked one up. It has held and improved its color nicely which makes me happy. Color loss is one of the reason I tend to steer clear of larger colonies as I've had less than stellar results on the past.

To my surprise when I went back today the other one was still there and looking even better than ever. Needless to same I'm starting to run out of room. And seeing as the snow day school closure meant I was home with one of the kids I took the opportunity to do my water change and snap some pics with my wife's new camera. Enjoy.

IMG_1298.jpgIMG_1292.jpgIMG_1294.jpgIMG_1301.jpgIMG_1303.jpgIMG_1307.jpgIMG_1310.jpgIMG_1311.jpg

Tommyboynj

Administrator
Officer Emeritus
Looks awesome...were your fish hiding? :)

They were all freaked out when I shut down all the pumps. Normally I run my vortechs during a water change but I shut them off for these photos. Almost instantly they all went into hiding.