• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Torch and hammer

Are these two corals too close to one another? Can they harm each other? The flow tends to blow the torch in the direction of the hammer. The tentacles will touch when they get a little bigger. 178F0460-41E3-4E16-BEA1-7D5934488F9E.jpeg

Ok. I’ll relocate it. I have heard euphyllia are immune to each other’s sting, but I think the hammer wants to be lower in the tank anyway.

DangerDave

NJRC Member
Should be fine... I have torches, hammers, frogspawn, and hybrids all rubbing elbows together....

Last edited:
Should be fine... I have torches, hammers, frogspawn, and hybrids all rubbing elbows together....
Cool thanks. I was hoping you'd chime in. Can’t argue with your results when it comes to euphyllia. Im struggling to get the euphyllia to take off. My green star polyp growth has also stalled. The only reason gsp stops growing is low nutrients. I have removed half of the bio pellets, & 1/3 of the gfo. I will cease weekly 10% water changes for now. Of course my cal and alk are good. I’ll see if I get a measurable Increase In No2 & Po4 in’s a few weeks.

Cool thanks. I was hoping you'd chime in. Can’t argue with your results when it comes to euphyllia. Im struggling to get the euphyllia to take off. My green star polyp growth has also stalled. The only reason gsp stops growing is low nutrients. I have removed half of the bio pellets, & 1/3 of the gfo. I will cease weekly 10% water changes for now. Of course my cal and alk are good. I’ll see if I get a measurable Increase In No2 & Po4 in’s a few weeks.
you probably don't need gfo or bio pellets if you cant get a reading. You should pull them and see where you tank stabilize at.

Well i did have high nitrates, and algae in the past. The pellets and gfo were effective in solving that. I just overshot it a little. I’m going to try to phase out the gfo, but I would like to try to dial in the bio pellet reactor.